It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:28 am

Tyros 3 System using Paramount 310

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

TechiGeoff

Tyros 3 System using Paramount 310

PostThu May 24, 2012 2:23 pm

Hello
I am runing the Hauptwerk V4 connected to My Tyros 3 system (Tyros 3, Acc keyboard and Roland P6 pedals).
I have just seen on Utube somebody playing the same setup and he was changing the pistons using the Tyros memory buttoms. When I have tried to do this using the Midi detect it wants to combine the whole of the memory buttons eg Gen 01,Gen02 etc.
Can anybody tell me how to be able to use the Tyros memory buttons to change the pistons on the Paramount please.
At the moment I am using a mini keyboard to do this.
I know it must be something to do with the program change messages but can't work it out at the moment.
Hoping somebody can help
Geoff Smith

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: Tyros 3 System using Paramount 310

PostThu May 24, 2012 2:29 pm

Hello Geoff,

If the buttons send MIDI output then all you need to do is use Hauptwerk's MIDI Learn to detect them for each piston. Have a read beginning on page 42 of the Hauptwerk user guide which shows how to do this (right click on the virtual piston, choose Auto-detect, follow the steps).
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

TechiGeoff

PostThu May 24, 2012 2:44 pm

Thankyou for the quick reply. I have already tried the midi learn/detect but after detecting the first memory button (no problems) and when I right click on the second piston Gen 02 and then autodetect Hauptwerk asks me if I want to combine the detected one with the previous one ie. Gen 01. If I combine then they will all be the same.
Can't see a way round it at the mo' but somebody has somehow.
Thank you all the same.
Appreciate it if you can shed further light on it.
Geoff

mdyde

PostThu May 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Hello Geoff,

Try temporarily turning on MIDI logging in Hauptwerk (on the 'General settings | General preferences | Advanced ...' screen), pressing each button in turn, and then looking in the log ('Help | View activity log'). That will show you exactly what MIDI messages each of your MIDI keyboard's buttons is sending.

However, if Hauptwerk's auto-detection is reporting them as matching, I would expect that they are all indeed sending sending identical messages. If that's the case you'll need to find some way within your Tyros keyboard itself to change that behaviour, otherwise Hauptwerk would have no way of being able to tell them apart.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

toplayer2

PostThu May 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Hello Geoff,

Tyros has a fairly rich set of midi configuration options that are available in a utility menu. What needs to happen is that pressing one of the eight preset buttons transmits one and only one midi message, typically a program change. It may need to be done indirectly by choosing a particular voice and save it in the preset. As you may have already surmised, you can cover two manuals by choosing a split point in the Tyros keyboard.

Joe Hardy
Paramount Organ Works

joeroberts

PostThu May 24, 2012 10:38 pm

thank you mr techigeoff....had i not caught your post, i would have been deep in the dark.....because of yours and the others who responded.... i was able to set up my Technic FA-1 pistons to both the St annes & paramount 310 with no effort... :D

TechiGeoff

PostSat May 26, 2012 2:15 am

Thank you mdyde and toplayer.
I will look into these sugestions and have a go. Obviously it can be done because I saw the youtube video.
I will report back when I have tried your sugestions.
Thank you
Geoff

TechiGeoff

PostThu May 31, 2012 2:05 am

Thank You very Much Martin.
After a lot of time sorting the Tyros Midi transmit signals and looking through the activity logs I ahve managed to change the generals 1 & 2 by setting the program change number in Hauptwerk.
I have to get the sound eg. Concert Grand number and put that into the Generals 01 and then another sound number for Generals 2 etc.
Still a lot of work to do but it can be done.
Great work and Thank You once again
Geoff

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)