It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:15 am

MIDI notes problem

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

sunny

MIDI notes problem

PostThu Mar 14, 2013 3:15 am

I'm using Yamaha Tyros4 as MIDI keyboard.I mapped MIDI channel 1 to Swell on hauptwerk,I'm playing one Custom Accordion voice on my Tyros4 .Some wav samples data from notes say C1 to F#1 are missing in the custom voice of Tyros4.So when i play this voice on the Tyros4,samething is hapenning on Hauptwerk,the notes from C1 to F# are also not sounding on Hauptwerk.
So,Is there any way to make all notes sound on Hauptwerk by ignoring incoming MIDI wav samples data of some notes?
Kindly help.

Thanks,
Sunny

John Murdoch

Re: MIDI notes problem

PostThu Mar 14, 2013 2:34 pm

Sunny--

In Hauptwerk 4, MIDI channel 1 routes to the Pedal division--the Swell division is MIDI channel 3. The Pedal division has a smaller compass (range of notes)--which is why you're seeing a smaller range.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostThu Mar 14, 2013 3:03 pm

Hello John,

That isn't actually correct. There are no default MIDI channel assignments in Hauptwerk 4 (perhaps you are thinking of version 3?), they are all set according to MIDI Learn once the customer sets it up. By default a new instrument does not have any default MIDI channel assignments.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

organtechnology

PostThu Mar 14, 2013 10:28 pm

Hi Sunny,
From your description of the missing notes, I would say that the Tyros is not sending those midi notes that the internal voice can not use. Hauptwerk only receives MIDI data not WAV data. It would be a good idea to use a MIDI monitor of some sort to see what the Tyros is actually sending to Hauptwerk.

Pax,

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

1961TC4ME

PostFri Mar 15, 2013 12:57 pm

It almost sounds as if his keyboard has transposed one octave up. I did this once by accident and then sat there for 10 minutes trying to figure out what went wrong. When you play the keys on your keyboard that are not sounding, do the corresponding virtual keys of the HW instrument move?

Marc

John Murdoch

PostWed Mar 20, 2013 8:17 am

B. Milan wrote:Hello John,

That isn't actually correct. There are no default MIDI channel assignments in Hauptwerk 4 (perhaps you are thinking of version 3?), they are all set according to MIDI Learn once the customer sets it up. By default a new instrument does not have any default MIDI channel assignments.

My mistake--I'm thinking of the channel assignments when Hauptwerk 4 is used as a VST.

amun

PostWed Mar 20, 2013 9:48 am

IMHO the sound range of instruments wether implemented in keyboards (YamahaSounds) or provided by midicontrolled hard-/software is always limited to a practical/natural range or the range of the original instruments the samples were taken of.

PSE find here a table, were the limits as described in the GM Midi Convention are listed. There You will find also the limits of the Accordion.
http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/articles/midi_8.htm

The range of my Hauptwerk church organ samples is strictly limited to the range of the original manuals/pedal.

The range of theatre organ samples depends on the specific range of the ranks. PSE see
http://www.toff.org.uk/relay/extensionandunif.html

In Hauptwerk Organ Settings the range of the incoming midi data can be transposed by semitones or octaves.
Yamaha Tyros 4 as a upper class keyboard should also provide a similar means for its output.

AFAIK the Yamaha Key can display the midi output. Another means is to view the output is MidiOx, which can be downloaded for free.

Amun

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)