It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:02 am

Can't Import Paramount

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

jonrshirley

Can't Import Paramount

PostFri Jul 26, 2013 2:40 pm

I've attempted to install the free Paramount Theatre Organ into the free Hauptwerk. When I attempt the operation, the file is not visible in the file dialog. :(

I've installed other organs without a hitch. In fact on my XP computer I was able to install the Paramount with the free Hauptwerk with no problems.

Any ideas what's going on here? :?:

My Computer
Windows 7 - 64 bit
Free Hauptwerk
3GB Memory

IanPounder

Re: Can't Import Paramount

PostSat Jul 27, 2013 3:17 am

Check that your browser hasn't stripped the download of its .rar extension. If so, you could try renaming it, or download the file using a download manager.

wurlitzerwilly

PostSun Jul 28, 2013 5:57 am

jonrshirley wrote:I've attempted to install the free Paramount Theatre Organ into the free Hauptwerk. When I attempt the operation, the file is not visible in the file dialog. :(

I've installed other organs without a hitch. In fact on my XP computer I was able to install the Paramount with the free Hauptwerk with no problems.

Any ideas what's going on here? :?:

My Computer
Windows 7 - 64 bit
Free Hauptwerk
3GB Memory

Unfortunately, some browsers have changed their habits. :(
They have a nasty habit of removing the file extension to "protect" us!!! It would save you a lot of further trouble if you can find the browser setting and remove this behaviour, or failing that, change to browser that does not do it.
In the meantime, if you have downloaded the very latest version of the Paramount 310 - v2.10, you can rename the file to - ParamountOrganWorks310v2x10.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar - ensuring that the dot and underscores are all present.
Regards,

Alan.
(Paramount Organ Works)

DippyDawg

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 12:50 am

To see the full name in Windows 7, open any folder, hit "tools" at the top, then "Folder options..." .Hit the "view" tab, then uncheck " hide extentions for known file types " Now it will show the complete name of every file. :D

wurlitzerwilly

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 4:25 am

DippyDawg wrote:To see the full name in Windows 7, open any folder, hit "tools" at the top, then "Folder options..." .Hit the "view" tab, then uncheck " hide extensions for known file types " Now it will show the complete name of every file. :D

This is true but it doesn't prevent the file extension from being truncated, which is a browser issue.
Regards,

Alan.
(Paramount Organ Works)

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)