It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:33 am

Download brick wall

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

NickNelson

Re: Download brick wall

PostMon Sep 16, 2013 4:04 pm

No, only the installer file will do.

You will need to obtain this again either through downloading or DVD.

Nick

rainworthgord

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 5:00 am

But I can't download it.

I have just uninstalled Filezilla and tried to re-install it with a view to seeing whether by doing that it would bring me up the software download option, but McAfee is blocking it now and telling me it contains harmful files - which didn't happen the first time I downloaded Filezilla. It did give me the option to continue anyway, but if you pay for virus protection there seems little point in overriding it when it tells you all is not well.

I have decided to cut my losses, admit defeat, and see about purchasing the DVD instead (which means it isn't, strictly speaking, free any more, but 20 Euros really is a small price to pay for such a fabulous program).

I just hope that when I receive it I won't get the same brick wall from Windows when trying to install from the DVD.

Thanks to all who have tried to help - sorry that on this occasion it hasn't worked out.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 12:31 pm

The Hauptwerk download for Windows is an exe file which is the standard format for an installer file on Windows. Most all anti-virus programs will see a .exe as a threat, of course this is not the case and the Hauptwerk installer file is perfectly safe. I expect McAfee will issue the same message from the DVD file, we suggest disabling your anti-virus to properly install the software.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

rainworthgord

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 3:16 pm

B. Milan wrote:The Hauptwerk download for Windows is an exe file which is the standard format for an installer file on Windows. Most all anti-virus programs will see a .exe as a threat, of course this is not the case and the Hauptwerk installer file is perfectly safe. I expect McAfee will issue the same message from the DVD file, we suggest disabling your anti-virus to properly install the software.

Many thanks Brett. I have now reinstalled FileZilla using Google Chrome instead of IE. My thought was that maybe if I used a different internet provider to download it, and then tried to download the free version via FileZilla I would get the software option back, but it's still not there. I know now that the Hauptwerk installer file is safe (I used it on my old computer when it downloaded it direct, but I just can't get it via the net. When I ask McAfee to scan Hauptwerk it says there are no problems, but it still puts up the 'danger' box when I try to download direct, and as I say, with Filezilla I can see the selection of downloadable organs, but not the software option. Unless I can find a way around it I will order the DVD in the next few days.
I wish now that I hadn't deleted the installer file even though it wouldn't install, because now I can't get it back (I did clear my wastebasket too, unfortunately). But I wanted to give my second attempt to download a clear run with no conflicts and it seems I took the wrong option.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 3:26 pm

Hauptwerk is available for download through the main download page located at www.downloadhauptwerk.com.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

rainworthgord

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 4:02 pm

Yes, I have tried it but it was blocked, so this brings me back full circle to my starting point. I have just completed the order for the DVD and after it was all finished, I'd pressed the button, and confirmation of the order was received I got a pop-up page saying that the order was less than the minimum allowed (I wasn't aware that there was a minimum order in force). And however I tried to get off that by clicking the 'next' button it kept reloading so I couldn't get any further, and now I don't know what is happening about it. Victor Meldrew had a catch phrase for it: 'I don't BELEEEEVE it!'

So will I get the DVD or won't I?

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Hello rainworthgord,

Yes, we have received your order, thank you. I think what happened is that you finished the checkout then perhaps didn't realize it went through, then when you went back to checkout page again there wasn't anything in the cart since you already placed the order, in that case the shop would issue the message you saw. However your order went through fine.

Thank you and we should have the DVD out to you tomorrow.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

rainworthgord

PostWed Sep 18, 2013 5:20 am

Many thanks Brett. Life's becoming good again :lol:

rainworthgord

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 11:18 am

Installation DVD received this morning and safely installed. Many thanks for everyone's patience.

engrssc

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 2:21 pm

I've used http://www.getright.com with great results, even on long files. Has resume (unless the download site purposefully doesn't permit this) as well as accelerated feature(s). Check Benefits tab. 8)

Rgds,
Ed
Previous

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)