It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 8:51 pm

The midi pedal sounds a semitone lower

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

pe1976

The midi pedal sounds a semitone lower

PostTue Nov 05, 2013 4:01 am

I put the pedal midi circuit, properly finished, put a professional.
When I do the auto-detect recognizes the first to the last pedal properly.
But when you play each pedal physical, virtual pedal is actuated is a semitone lower:
If I press the C lower, there is sound
If I press the C #, rings C
If I press the D rings C # and so on.
How can fix this by software?
Thank you very much friends.
Last edited by pe1976 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

josq

Re: The midi pedal sounds a semitone lower.

PostTue Nov 05, 2013 6:05 am

If you right-click the virtual pedal you can choose to change the MIDI settings. Subsequently, there is a drop menu where you can choose to shift the keys. If you select "shift keys 1 semitone up" your problem should be solved.

pe1976

PostTue Nov 05, 2013 6:11 am

josq, thank you very mucho for your help, I'll try it this afternoon. This solution has a problem, you have to make this operation in each sample, but if it works fine is a good solution.
I'll tell you them.

Martin_Dümig

PostTue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 am

Hello pe1978 and josq,

the solution is only a work around, if this setting has not been altered. There must be a reason for the shifting of the keys. And maybe, the lowest C may not work at all.

pe1976, could you redo the detection of the pedal? Perhaps you have hit the C# instead of C for the detection? You could also check the recognition of the pedal by menu.

Best regards from Bavaria - Martin
You can play Bach on every organ.

pe1976

PostTue Nov 05, 2013 7:57 am

Hi, Martin!
Pedal recognition is correct, when I use the auto detection, I press the first and last pedal of the pedal and recognizes it fine, but then every pedal actuates a note a semitone lower than corresponding.
Thank you.

Martin_Dümig

PostTue Nov 05, 2013 8:15 am

This evening I will be at my Hauptwerk system and then could give some advice where to look for correct settings. Do you work with St.Anne or with another sample set?

Martin

pe1976

PostTue Nov 05, 2013 8:46 am

St. Annes sometimes, and some free demos.
Thank you!

OrganoPleno

PostTue Nov 05, 2013 11:43 am

pe1976 wrote:But when you play each pedal physical, virtual pedal is actuated is a semitone lower.

Maybe the Pedals are sending the wrong MIDI signals? Use a MIDI diagnostics program to see whether the low "C" on the Pedal is sending the MIDI signal for low "C" or not. Maybe the Pedals can be re-set or re-programmed to send the proper MIDI signals. Good luck!

Martin_Dümig

PostTue Nov 05, 2013 4:12 pm

Hello pe1976,

have you tried the following: Hauptwerk has the possibility to transpose every keyboard by single notes. This is done on the Keyboard-Page of the menu (See Hauptwerk User Guide Section V page 142). Select menu Organ Settings - Keyboards... On the left pane select 01 pedal. On the right you should see the Midi chanel and Midi keyboard/range lo key 036, Midi keyboard/range high key 067. Under these settings there is a line Key shift: This should be set to "Don't shift keys (normal)". If this is set to "Shift keys down one semitone", this is the reason for your trouble. You must have managed to modify this parameter. I don't think, that the auto configuration will change this parameter.

Please let me know whether this was your problem.

Best regards - Martin

pe1976

PostWed Nov 06, 2013 2:00 am

Thank you for your answers!

Friends, I have solved the issue of the transposition of the pedal,
1) do the auto detect the pedal
2) right mouse button on virtual pedalboard and:
- "Adjust midi / tigger settings"
- Midi keyboard range: was in "36 note C" and low for "35 note B" (that I found out myself, since when do the next step the first do not sound)
- Key shift: sift keys up 1 semitone

This will fix that.

But now there is another problem:
The second physical pedal (C #) until pressures will not sound, but once you step on when you release event for "on" and begins to play, and if you do not want to sound have to have it pressed, as if that switch worked in the opposite direction. What I can do there?

Please, help me again..

ggoode_sa

PostWed Nov 06, 2013 2:45 am

Hi,

It sounds like your MIDI pedal board needs fixing. As far as I know Hauptwerk cannot be configured to accept a Note Off message as Note On and vice versa.

What type of contacts does your pedal board use? If it uses reed switches / magnets then simply re-setting the magnet position should solve that issue. If it uses another type of contact, and you cannot solve it by adjusting the hardware, then you're going to need to setup a MIDI filter between your MIDI input from the pedal board and Hauptwerk and map the MIDI stream. This can be done using the free MIDI-OX application in Windows. Let us know what your progress is and if you need more help.

Kind regards,
GrahamG

pe1976

PostWed Nov 06, 2013 3:16 am

Oh, if Hauptwerk cannot be configured to accept a Note Off message as Note On and vice versa I've got a problem.
It´s a magnet system, but I see no way that the switches have to be manipulated, I attached a picture:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/87863093@N02/10704278154

Martin_Dümig

PostWed Nov 06, 2013 3:33 am

Hello pe1976,

do you have a resistance meter to check whether the reed contact is normally closed or open for the C#. I think it should be open with the key not pressed and closed with pressed key. Does the C-key or D-key influence the C# reed contact?

Perhaps the magnets have a too large aura.

This malefunction of the pedal board may have been a problem for the autodetect function of Hauptwerk.

Who constructed this pedalboard? The attachment of the magnets looks a bit home made. Is it possible to contact the constructor?

To check the pedal board, I would use a program like MIDI OX to check the MIDI-messages sent.

Best regards - Martin

ggoode_sa

PostWed Nov 06, 2013 3:36 am

It looks like the magnets are glued to a piece of wood. You will need to do some wood working to fix it, most likely by raising the piece of wood by drilling new holes for the screws. You will need to experiment with the position first.

pe1976

one of the pedals work backwards

PostWed Nov 06, 2013 3:47 am

Very interesting, I mean, you think that maybe the next magnet is interfering with C #, try if removing the magnets on both sides of the C #, this works well or not.

The work I became a professional, and he will review it, but he can not in this week, so I wanted to investigate, and learn well.

The woods were necessary and oddly shaped to suit the curvature of the pedal.

Today I will try to isolate the pedal C # to see if it works well when there is no interference to the sides.

Thank you friends.
Next

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)