It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:31 pm

Sample Rate Conflict

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

Mick Berg

Sample Rate Conflict

PostMon Feb 24, 2014 1:07 pm

Hi.

I have a big problem.

I am using an Edirol UA-20 that has good ASIO drivers but it seems to support only 44.1 KBPS sample rate. Every organ I have, including St Anne's, St George Casavant, Ott Organ, etc work fine.

I just purchased Joseph Basquin's JeuxD'orgues 3 Silbermann, and it will not run, requesting a 48k sample rate.

Is there anything I can do? I can't afford to replace the Edirol, and it works beautifully for everything else.

I'm hugely disappointed, I've been wanting a Silbermann organ for years.

Thanks,
Mick Berg.

robinsmh

Re: Sample Rate Conflict

PostMon Feb 24, 2014 1:32 pm

A replacement sound card does not need to be very pricey. Nearly all current sound cards work at 48kHz.

Checkout the Behringer UCA-222 - around £25, and it does 48kHz and ASIO with 2 channels. Not used one myself though, so I can't say with any certainty it would work, but it looks on paper as if it should.

Martin

Mick Berg

PostMon Feb 24, 2014 1:50 pm

robinsmh wrote:A replacement sound card does not need to be very pricey. Nearly all current sound cards work at 48kHz.

Checkout the c- around £25, and it does 48kHz and ASIO with 2 channels. Not used one myself though, so I can't say with any certainty it would work, but it looks on paper as if it should.

Martin

Thanks, I'll check it out. I wonder if it has MIDI, the Edirol does.

EDIT: It seems to be 48k only. So none of the 44.1 k organs will work? I was completely oblivious of this issue until now.

Thanks,
Mick.

GrahamH

PostMon Feb 24, 2014 2:26 pm

Mick

My Edirol (Cakewalk) UA-25EX has a switch on the back for selecting the sample rate. Does the UA-20 not have such a switch?

Graham

ggoode_sa

PostTue Feb 25, 2014 2:02 am

Hi Mick,

From the specifications page regarding your sound device it would seem that it only supports 44.1khz as the sample rate. Joseph has asked me to look into this, so I have sent you a personal message regarding a possible easy solution using the ASIO4ALL driver.

Kind regards,
GrahamG

robinsmh

PostTue Feb 25, 2014 4:45 am

According to the user manual (available on Behringer's web site) the UCA-222 supports 32, 44.1 and 48 kHz samples rates (16-bit converter). This should work fine with Hauptwerk.

For MIDI you will need something else - like a Midimate II:
http://www.studiospares.com/midi-interfaces/esi-midimate-ii-usb20-midi-interface-cable/invt/224390?source=215_74&gclid=CN3J3rn-5rwCFWjKtAode2MAHQ

So - no need to spend more than about £50 in total to get something that works.

Owen Jones

PostTue Feb 25, 2014 9:23 am

[quote="Mick Berg"]Hi.

I have a big problem.

I am using an Edirol UA-20 that has good ASIO drivers but it seems to support only 44.1 KBPS sample rate. Every organ I have, including St Anne's, St George Casavant, Ott Organ, etc work fine.

I just purchased Joseph Basquin's JeuxD'orgues 3 Silbermann, and it will not run, requesting a 48k sample rate.

Is there anything I can do? I can't afford to replace the Edirol, and it works beautifully for everything else.

I'm hugely disappointed, I've been wanting a Silbermann organ for years.

Thanks,
Mick Berg.[/quote]

This model dates back to 2005 I think, and technology seems to leap forward every 18 months, it can be hard and sometimes expensive to keep up. I have a UM1 midi i/f that I use for programming the Artisan Micro MIDI and the MOTU 128 Express for normal use. A few of my friends use this unit with several organs; The 2x2 Midisport works well with any organ 44~48 kHz.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)