It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:25 am

It's just stopped working.

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

rainworthgord

It's just stopped working.

PostMon Mar 24, 2014 10:28 am

Hi all

Because my home is quite small and I have to set everything up each time I want to play Hauptwerk I haven't been on for some weeks. But today I have tried to get on and when I play notes on the keyboard there is no response on screen. I have re-tried the auto-recognition (press top and bottom notes, soft, hard) but 'done' doesn't get highlighted so I can't complete the task.

Any ideas as to why this has happened and what I can do to correct it please? (Please, no tech jargon!)

josq

Re: It's just stopped working.

PostMon Mar 24, 2014 11:03 am

Looks like some devices (keyboard) are not connected, so the first thing to do is checking your cables. What devices are you using?

Next, go to "general settings>>midi ports". Are the devices you use ticked under "console MIDI in" (they should be)?

rainworthgord

PostTue Mar 25, 2014 7:07 am

Thank you. That has done the trick although how the tick boxes became unchecked I don't know.

Playing again and happy.

josq

PostTue Mar 25, 2014 11:10 am

Good to hear!

This option is a bit hidden, maybe a little point of attention for a next HW version

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)