It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:43 am

3 Quick Noob Questions: Dry Samples? Wind Chest?

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

suntower

3 Quick Noob Questions: Dry Samples? Wind Chest?

PostMon Nov 24, 2014 3:25 pm

These may be in the PDFs and I'm too ADHD to have noticed...

1. Is there a 'dry' setting for all organs one might purchase or is the reverb part of the micing of each sample set? I would want them (usually) 'dry' if possible as I want to use in a sequencing environment... even if it isn't particularly authentic... so I can mix with other instruments.

2. Is there a way to turn -off- the background wind chest or key or pipe noises? Again, same reasoning as above.

3. When you're MIDI mapping key switches (pistons, stops) is there a way for the setup to 'remember' your previous stops/registrations? It seems to clear the entire organ every time I hit 'OK' to MIDI Learn any setting which makes the whole process take a looooong time.

TIA,

---JC

mnailor

Re: 3 Quick Noob Questions: Dry Samples? Wind Chest?

PostMon Nov 24, 2014 10:44 pm

1. No, even if you truncate the release samples at rank loading/routing time, there is some reverb from the room recorded during the sample loops unless the sample set is explicitly dry.
2. Noise samples are usually on the rank loading/routing window so you can choose not to load them.
3. I don't recognize this situation, after using MIDI learn today to set up about 60 stops and 50 pistons. I've done this for two dozen sample sets without finding any bugs in the process, including remapping MIDI controls where my existing master combinations were preserved with no effort on my part. Perhaps you could explain what you're trying to do step by step and say where it seems to go wrong.

mdyde

Re: 3 Quick Noob Questions: Dry Samples? Wind Chest?

PostTue Nov 25, 2014 4:56 am

[Topic moved here for now.]

To add to the nmailor's reply:

suntower wrote:3. When you're MIDI mapping key switches (pistons, stops) is there a way for the setup to 'remember' your previous stops/registrations? It seems to clear the entire organ every time I hit 'OK' to MIDI Learn any setting which makes the whole process take a looooong time.

The process of auto-detecting settings for a stop wouldn't in itself clear the registration. Somehow I think you must also be triggering something else. E.g. perhaps your MIDI sequencer is also sending another MIDI message that resets the registration (e.g. a 'MIDI reset' or 'MIDI all-notes-off' if your stops/pistons are configured to be triggered from MIDI note-on/off messages, or a MIDI message that you've configured to trigger a combination pistons) when you press play/stop in the MIDI sequencer.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)