It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 am

Standard MIDI Files

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

Karkajou

Standard MIDI Files

PostSun Nov 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Can we use any standard midi files made with any Musical Notation PRogram and make them played by Hautpwerk4?

Thank you.

mdyde

Re: Standard MIDI Files

PostMon Dec 01, 2014 5:14 am

Hello and welcome to the forum,

[Topic moved here for now, since I understand you're currently using the Free Edition of Hauptwerk.]

If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend starting by having a read through the 'MIDI sequencing, the Hauptwerk AU/VST Link and applying real-time reverb' section in the main Hauptwerk user guide (pages 181-199 in the current v4.1.1 version; on the Help menu in Hauptwerk).

That covers the fixed MIDI implementation that Hauptwerk's built-in MIDI player and 'Sequencer MIDI IN' port use, so if you want MIDI files to play in Hauptwerk via those routes then you need the MIDI files to follow that particular MIDI implementation. Alternatively you can configure Hauptwerk as covered in the 'Composing pieces off-line from a MIDI sequencer configured conventionally' and 'Composing pieces off-line from MIDI notation software' sub-sections, in which case you can use any MIDI implementation you like, i.e. configure Hauptwerk to match whatever MIDI implementation your MIDI notation/sequencer software uses.

We don't have experience with the particular Notation software you mentioned, but I would expect that you would use it in a similar way to other notation software, which is covered in the 'Composing pieces off-line from MIDI notation software' sub-section.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)