It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 pm

midi out

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

maximus

midi out

PostTue Mar 31, 2015 8:36 am

Hello
I am just a young hobbyist.. I just recently found out about hauptwerk and decided to check it out..
Unfortunately my midi keyboard is damaged and not working..
I have FL Studio as my DAW. The vst link dll appears on FL studio and i can see the keys move but there is no sound..
My question is can i play Hauptwerk with the midi notes of the piano roll of my DAW?
Thanks in advance..

mdyde

Re: midi out

PostTue Mar 31, 2015 10:23 am

Hello Maximus,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks very much interest in Hauptwerk.

Although we don't test with FL Studio or officially support it as a VST host, I'm not aware of any reason that it shouldn't work, or feedback to that effect from other Hauptwerk/FL users.

Please first check that:

- you have the Hauptwerk VST Link plug-in inserted into your VST host's project (FL Studio), and that:

- you have 'Hauptwerk VST Link' selected as the audio output device on the 'General settings | Audio outputs' screen in Hauptwerk, and that:

- you have an organ loaded in Hauptwerk (e.g. St. Anne's), and that:

- you have some stops drawn in Hauptwerk (e.g. the Great Large Open Diapason 8).

If you click on the keys on the virtual Great keyboard in Hauptwerk you should then hear the sound through your VST host (FL Studio). Do you?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)