It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:47 am

Launchpad S

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

Gbshaw

Launchpad S

PostSat Apr 25, 2015 3:05 am

Hello All,
This is my first post and it's in connection with the Launchpad S, Paramount 310 and Hupt Ver 4.1.1.012 (Free).
I've successfully set the pads on the Launchpad to toggle the stops on/off and operate the total and divisional Pistons.
My question is this, is it possible to make the led to come on when you press the pad you have set to a piston, and stay on until you press another pad at which time the first pads led goes out and new pad light comes on?
This would then make it easy to see which piston was in use at any one time.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

mdyde

Re: Launchpad S

PostSat Apr 25, 2015 4:16 am

Hello, welcome to the forum, and thanks for the interest in Hauptwerk.

[I've moved the topic here, since you're currently using the Free Edition.]

Launchpad LEDs will light up exactly whenever the corresponding virtual controls (i.e. the ones you've auto-detected them to) light up within Hauptwerk. Hence if you want Launchpad LEDs to 'latch on' for pistons then you need to use virtual controls within Hauptwerk that do the same thing. Most general and divisional pistons included natively on sample sets' virtual consoles don't light up.

However, Hauptwerk's master generals, master scoped pistons and stepper (on the Registration large control panel -- 'View | Large control panels') all do effectively that, in that they light up whenever the current registration (which they control) matches the registration that's stored to them. The corresponding 'Registration menu: ...' sub-sections in the user guide for those types of controls detail the precise conditions under which they light up, but I think you'd find that they should achieve what you're looking for.

Note that the pistons will only light up if you have non-blank registrations stored to them.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Gbshaw

PostSat Apr 25, 2015 4:44 am

Hello Martin.

Thanks for your reply.
The Pistons don't light up on the Paramount 310 screen, so I'll use the second method you suggest.
Thanks again.
Regards Geoff.

JRHLondon

PostMon Jul 13, 2015 1:53 pm

I'm wondering about this too. Do you have to choose that setting which asks about whether you want Hauptwerk to SEND midi data?

mdyde

PostTue Jul 14, 2015 4:41 am

The Launchpad ports need to be enabled on *both* the 'MIDI IN ports' and 'MIDI OUT ports' tabs of the 'General settings | MIDI ports' screen.

When the General Configuration Wizard runs (as it does the very first time you launch Hauptwerk) it will always enable the Launchpad ports automatically, irrespective of any other options you choose, since it knows that's always necessary for Launchpads.

If you add a Launchpad at a later date then you just need to enable its ports on both the 'MIDI IN ports' and 'MIDI OUT ports' tabs of the 'General settings | MIDI ports' screen. (You don't need to re-run the General Configuration Wizard or do anything else.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)