It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:38 am

Switching Floating Divisions with 'stops'

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

Penrhos1920

Switching Floating Divisions with 'stops'

PostTue Aug 25, 2015 12:40 pm

I have set up 2 floating divisions and can switch keyboards between divisions using the route buttons on the Floating Divisions control panel. I would like to use a pair of spare stops on my consule to switch routes so that route 1 is stop in and route 2 stop out. I can't find how to do it.

I don't have any pistons that I can use to use as route buttons which I think is what Hauptwerk is expecting.

mdyde

Re: Switching Floating Divisions with 'stops'

PostWed Aug 26, 2015 3:32 am

This topic covers it:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14340

mdyde wrote:It isn't possible to use a MIDI note-off event to trigger a separate function, and it isn't currently possible to use a single MIDI note-on/off switch to toggle back and forth between floating division routes 1 and 2 alone (although we do have the latter logged as an enhancement request).

However, in the meantime, one way that you could achieve what I think you're hoping for would be to:

- Clear the MIDI settings for the 'route 1' and 'route 2' functions (i.e. the '1' and '2' buttons on the floating division control panel).

- Instead auto-detect your MIDI toggle switch to the floating division route 'increment' function (the right-arrow button to the right of route name display on the floating division control panel).

- Then right-click on that same function (right-arrow button), select 'Adjust MIDI/key trigger settings manually ...' and change its 'Input' setting to 'Momentary piston: alternating MIDI note-on/offs'. OK the screen. (Now each time to you change the on/off state of your MIDI switch the route number should increment.)

- Store the same virtual keyboard(s) to route 3 as route 1, and do likewise for route 4 as route 2. (Then incrementing the route should achieve the same result as toggling back and forth between routes 1 and 2, giving the effect you want.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)