It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:35 am

Problems with HW free Edition and Reaper

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

Alex Marcon

Problems with HW free Edition and Reaper

PostThu Jan 07, 2016 8:15 am

My Hauptwerk project has two controllers keyboards and a pedalboard of 32 notes.
My PC is an Intel Core i5 / 3:50 Ghz / 16gb RAM / HD 1TB.
Some time ago I installed the Reaper program to have an artificial reverberation in St. Annes in HW Free Edition. I used the guidelines provided by HW support for configuring the Reaper and everything worked normally.
One day I tried to play the organ and there was no sound or reverberation. Apparently the Reaper was not working.
I tried to reconfigure everything from the ground up, but nothing worked.
I bought an M Audio Fast Track C600 and one day I tried to connect it to my PC to see if it worked. Does this created a conflict? I could not understand the functioning of M Audio Fast Track and uninstalled everything. But the sound of the Reaper no longer works.
Below I leave messages that appear in both the Reaper and in HW when I try to set everything up.
I really need your help. :cry:
Thank you.

Hauptwerk:
“Could not open MIDI input port ‘USBMIDI Interface’. Make sure that the port is not in use by another program. Message code (for diagnostic purposes) : 3807.”

Reaper:
The following MIDI inputs could not be opened:
USB Midi
USB MIDI Interface
Masterkey 61
The following MIDI outputs could not be opened:
USB Midi
USB MIDI Interface

mdyde

Re: Problems with HW free Edition and Reaper

PostThu Jan 07, 2016 9:51 am

Hello Alex,

It's important that you don't have any MIDI ports enabled in both Hauptwerk and Reaper, otherwise the two applications will inevitably 'fight over' access to them, which I suspect is what's happening from the errors you mention.

If you're just using Reaper to add reverb to Hauptwerk's output then make sure that you disable *all* of the MIDI IN and MIDI OUT ports in Reaper, as covered at the top of page 3 in our Reaper tutorial for adding reverb to Hauptwerk:

https://www.hauptwerk.com/news/tutorials-sequencing/2015/06/08/hauptwerk-with-reaper/

Make those changes when Hauptwerk isn't running, then re-launch Reaper and Hauptwerk.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Alex Marcon

PostSat Jan 09, 2016 9:49 pm

Hello Martin,
I made changes to the settings as you recommended and now everything is back to work again as before.
I would like to thank once again the valuable support you offer us through this forum.

Best Regards.
Alex :D

mdyde

PostSun Jan 10, 2016 4:28 am

Thanks, Alex.

You're very welcome. Glad to hear that solved it.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)