It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 am

Basic configuration issues with Sibelius 8

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

zinkagain

Basic configuration issues with Sibelius 8

PostSun Jun 12, 2016 9:07 am

Dear Hauptwerk hive-mind,

I am having basic configuration issues with setting up Sibelius 8 and Hauptwerk 4 on my mac.

According to all documentation on the subject, and to all responses received from the Sibelius forum, OS X automatically knows where all VST files live, meaning that Hauptwerk puts them in the right place and Sibelius knows where to look for them when I want to find them in Playback Devices. No custom installation is required, no moving of dll files, no fancy configurations etc etc, so I'm told.

Despite multiple reinstalls of both pieces of software, Sibelius cannot see the Hauptwerk VST link. The location of the VST files on my computer (library/Audio/Plugins/VST) is empty.

Is anybody successfully using Sibelius 8 with Hauptwerk on a mac? If so, am I do something very wrong?

ANY tips gratefully received.
Helen

organtechnology

Re: Basic configuration issues with Sibelius 8

PostSun Jun 12, 2016 10:26 pm

Hi Helen,

Check your computer for the normal Hauptwerk VST location If it is there you would do a custom re-install of Hauptwerk and tell the installer to put the VST in (library/Audio/Plugins/VST), it should find it then. I thought Hauptwerk did that for you in OSX but maybe not.

Hive cell 32,768. (aka Thomas)
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostMon Jun 13, 2016 4:01 pm

Hello Helen,

We briefly tested the current v. 4.2.1 Hauptwerk VST/AU plug-in link with Sibelius 8. It appears that something was broken and we can't reliably get it working (although it did seem to work some of the time). The issue has to do with the last update we used for Hauptwerk 4.2.0 that Apple provided for their Audio Unit plug-in support which of course we have no control over. We updated to this version from Apple to add support for other hosts (in particular for Logic X), but it appears that it broke with Sibelius 8 on OS X.

This is something we'll have to look at addressing in the future.

I will reply to your email to us regarding this issue separately.

Thank you.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

John Murdoch

PostSat Aug 13, 2016 9:05 pm

Coming to this subject a bit late:

If the Hauptwerk VST Link will not work, use MIDI output from Sibelius into the sequencer MIDI IN port on Hauptwerk. (The side benefit of this is that you can use Sibelius to drive multi-channel output from Hauptwerk. The Sibelius VST Link only supports two-channel audio--using Hauptwerk as a MIDI device enables you to get much, much better sound.)

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)