It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 am

help for a new user please

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

magnaton

Re: help for a new user please

PostSat Jun 17, 2017 12:20 pm

Lefebure-Welyfan wrote:to say i am amazed by the sound quality is a massive understatement,a sound which i am certain will only improve when i come to a speaker upgrade.once again many many thanks for all the help and advice...

Speaker upgrade yes, however you will notice a huge difference in sound quality when you upgrade to a dedicated audio interface. Search the HW form for popular makes and models. Prices can range anywhere from $295 to $3,500. I used the Windows/PC DirectSound from the headphone jack into a decent stereo setup for a good while. By chance I borrowed a MOTU audio USB interface and routed it to the same amp and speakers. For me the sound quality change was like going from cassette tape to CD! No exaggeration. The harmonic content of St. Anne's Diapason truly came alive and the 4' Flute was now full bodied!

It's amazing how quickly your ear can become sophisticated. Had I started with a professional audio interface I probably wouldn't have appreciated it as much as I do now.

Danny B.

Lefebure-Welyfan

Re: help for a new user please

PostSat Jun 17, 2017 3:10 pm

to be honest, i am amazed at how authentic everything sounds and i am using the absolute minimum in terms of requirements.its quite funny when you look back and think how "good" (not) the organ sounds were on the humble yamaha and casio home keyboards.i guess its all part of progress and technology,but nevertheless,its still an eye and ear opener :D

bryan
'There is nothing to it. You only have to hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself'
(JSBach)
Previous

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)