It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:20 am

New user here...need some help with the basics

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

_Fer_

New user here...need some help with the basics

PostMon Apr 02, 2018 4:22 am

Hello! new user here struggling about the basics…
I recently installed the free edition of Haputwerk and im trying to make it work inside cubase. Almost everything is ok: Haupkwerk is receiving all the midi data from the sequencer and playing it. But there is something very basic that i am not able to do: I would like to automate “on/off” for pistons (and register combinations), just with my midi keyboard (Im using the St. Annes organ btw).
I was able to automate the pistons in Hauptwerk standalone alone, just using the “auto-detect MIDI” (right click on the piston etc.) But with the sequencer opened this autodetection seems to fail.
I tried also to adjust manually the midi events that i want to perform as a on/off keyswitches, but again without luck. The problem is related to the Hautpwerk/cubase combo i guess… because in standalone mode everything works well… any help would be much apreciated!!
Oh and thanks to the developers for this free version, very generous!

IainStinson

Re: New user here...need some help with the basics

PostMon Apr 02, 2018 5:48 am

Hi

Have you read the user manual (pg 184 onward) ? You need to read this section carefully to decide which way you want to use the HW VST (particularly read end of page 184 and the start of page 185).

I'm not an expert in this part of using HW but found that I was able to use the system with my external sequencer (after reading pages 184/185 I found what I needed at the start of pg 190).

You may find using the forum Advanced Search feature with "cubase" as the search term provides some helpful results.

Good luck.

Iain

_Fer_

Re: New user here...need some help with the basics

PostMon Apr 02, 2018 8:10 am

Hi Ian, thanks for your help, everything is solved now; i didnt read that part of the manual with enough atention.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)