It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:14 pm

Thanks

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

Davidhh

Thanks

PostThu Jul 09, 2009 3:37 am

As a person who has contemplated Hauptwerk for some while, but been put off by the cost and fears about whether it might be too complicated, I'm very grateful for the opportunity to explore this free edition - and I might well not be able to resist the urge to upgrade to a paid version in time.

One of the things which put me off was the lack of fairly basic information on the site. The only instructions were about downloading and installing, with nothing about midi connections, sound cards, and other similar issues. I downloaded the trial version a few days ago, and found that once it was installed the help file told me all that I wanted to know, but I hadn't realised before that I had to install Hauptwerk itself to get this information. It will be nice to explore further without that wretched triangle dinging in my ears all the time.

Thank you, Martin Dyde.

David Hitchin

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: Thanks

PostThu Jul 09, 2009 5:08 am

Hello David,

Thanks for your enthusiasm, we hope you enjoy the new edition of Hauptwerk.

One of the things which put me off was the lack of fairly basic information on the site. The only instructions were about downloading and installing, with nothing about midi connections, sound cards, and other similar issues.

The same information contained within Hauptwerk is also listed on the website and in the evaluation versions of Hauptwerk.

There are many pages in the Hauptwerk user guide about sound cards and other recommendations for how to use Hauptwerk. Please see the support section of the site as listed here:

http://www.hauptwerk.com/documentation

Also on the requirements page are 2 extractions from the user guide which list many of the technical details about computers and other hardware.

http://www.hauptwerk.com/requirements
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

engrssc

PostThu Jul 09, 2009 5:31 am

As with many things, the more you get into something and involved, the more there is to "explore". Hauptwerk is one one those.

Rgds,
Ed

mdyde

PostThu Jul 09, 2009 5:41 am

This post of Brett's also describes how to get to the support/documentation section of the website:

http://forum.hauptwerk.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5126
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)