It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:20 am

Hauptwerk 3.23 and Free Edition Released

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

TheatreOrganNo1

Hauptwerk 3.23 and Free Edition Released

PostThu Jul 09, 2009 12:10 am

Ok installed, Hw says it's going to delete all my audio outputs. soo if I wanted to evaluate the advanced version say to do a demo for friends I'll only have two channels? instead of eight. I have two HD's I thought I could install this version to my D: drive. It's late am I thinking wrong lol. Going to bed, I'm sure you're not up this late lol.
Jake C.
Organ Tuner, Shop Assistant at Carlton Smith Pipe Organ Restorations.
Atos-Cicatos
bartonbrass@sbcglobal.net

mdyde

Re: Hauptwerk 3.23 and Free Edition Released

PostThu Jul 09, 2009 5:38 am

Hello Jake,

Yes - only the Advanced Edition supports multiple audio outputs, and you can only use the Advanced Edition evaluation for evaluation purposes, and only for a reasonable evaluation purposes. Hence if you want to use to use multi-channel audio output on an ongoing basis you would need to buy a licence for the Advanced Edition.

You can only have one Hauptwerk installation on any given Windows installation at a time (although the 'Hauptwerk (stand-alone)' and 'Hauptwerk (for MIDI sequencing)' desktop shortcuts/configurations do allow you to have two sets of independent settings).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

ggoode_sa

PostFri Jul 10, 2009 6:01 am

Hi,
I have a friend in a small town a couple of hours away from me who is downloading the new Free Edition and some of the free sample sets (Prudhoe Methodist). He asked a question that I don't have the answer to... is the Free version available within the VST version of Hauptwerk or just the Stand Alone. I've provisionally answered as 'Just the Stand-Alone' as that is all I have read about so far. He uses Cantabile Lite and Freeverb3 to provide reverb in his system so would prefer to use the VST plug-in. If it is only with the Stand-Alone then I will tell him about using the Jack Audio Connection Kit for Windows to route the output from Hauptwerk to his VST host.
Thanks,
Graham

mdyde

PostFri Jul 10, 2009 6:17 am

Hello Graham,

The Free Edition works on all of the same platforms as the Basic/Advanced editions, and has all of the same optimised builds (64-bit, 32-bit, Windows, OS X, etc.), and includes full VST support.

So yes - both the 32-bit and 64-bit VST versions of Hauptwerk work fully in Free Edition mode.

Here's the relevant section covering how to select the Free Edition in VST mode from the 'Licensing' chapter of the v3.23 user guide:

Because VST plug-ins cannot usually display options screens when they launch, to select the Free Edition for the VSTi version of Hauptwerk, open Hauptwerk (by default it will start in evaluation mode if no Hauptwerk USB key is found), go to the 'General settings | General options' screen and change the 'Default unlicensed edition' preference there for which edition to use/evaluate, then unload and re-load the plug-in to re-start Hauptwerk. You will then be able to use/evaluate the edition you selected.
Best regards, Martin.

ggoode_sa

PostFri Jul 10, 2009 6:43 am

Hi Martin,
Excellent! I'll be on the phone with him tonight so will let him know :-)
Graham

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostFri Jul 10, 2009 11:46 am

Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

drwilx

PostFri Jul 10, 2009 4:31 pm

Would someone kindly point me to a listing of free organs which will run on the free version of Hauptwerk.

Kind Regards,

Dennis

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostFri Jul 10, 2009 5:04 pm

http://www.hauptwerk.com/instrumentdownloads

then click on the View info link under each instrument. It will list whether or not it will run in the Free/ trial edition of Hauptwerk.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

JimB

PostFri Jul 10, 2009 5:33 pm

The Brut-Leuchten organ from Zion should be on the list.
Jim Becker

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostFri Jul 10, 2009 7:38 pm

Hello Jim,

I don't believe that this set had ever been added to the downloads page (I just looked at the old html files from the Crumhorn Labs site and didn't see it there either.). However we can certainly host the set. I'll get in touch with Bob Collins to verify the latest file versions that we'll need. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

drwilx

PostSun Jul 12, 2009 12:13 pm

I have installed the free version and when running the St. Ann organ I get several 'pops' per second. Where is a good place to start tweeking?

Regards,

Dennis

mdyde

PostSun Jul 12, 2009 3:17 pm

Hello Dennis,

I have installed the free version and when running the St. Ann organ I get several 'pops' per second. Where is a good place to start tweeking?

Have a look at the 'performance tuning' section in the user guide, and the tips in this post if you're using Windows:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4013
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)