It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:17 pm

Auto-Bass and simulating 32' stops on St. Annes

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

BachN4th

Auto-Bass and simulating 32' stops on St. Annes

PostFri Jul 17, 2009 5:32 pm

First, thanks a million for allowing us to use the free version. I've long been a fan of Hauptwerk. but my usage never really justified buying the full version. I took a few organ lessons in college, and pretty much all I do is load up the St. Anne's, hit the awesome auto-bass button, and go to town playing hymns on my single midi keyboard. Long have I done this, just for my own enjoyment.

So on to the meat of the question - when I use the auto pedal and just play standard 4 part hymns and such, the bass never really gets down to the lowest register because I'm never playing on those lowest keys. What I would like to to (and have tried, but unsuccessfully) is replace one of the other pedal stops with a 32' stop. I've tried renaming the .wav files so they play 1 octave lower, and editing the lowest sample into all the steps of the octave below - but when I try to load the organ, the loop points no longer match and it wont load. Back with Hauptwerk 1, I did a bit of wav sample editing - made some celestes, and octave shifted the samples like I described above - but back then the auto-bass feature wasn't in.

I've looked into the XML organ definition files for a solution, but I don't understand it enough to know what to change to fix the loop points, or if there is some other means for lowing a rank by an octave. I've seen mention of the Custom Organ tool, but other than loading a custom organ from the Hautpwerk interface - and subsequently finding nothing that I can fiddle with.. I've kind of given up.

Anyone have suggestions - or is this even possible with the free version?

BachN4th

Re: Auto-Bass and simulating 32' stops on St. Annes

PostSat Jul 18, 2009 2:04 am

I'm pleased to report that I figured out my own issue! I was using the freeware Audacity wave editor to do my edits, and it was stripping away the loop data - I tried it with another audio editor, and it works just fine.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)