It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:47 am

Starting free edition via VST plugin and Sibelius

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

Davidhh

Starting free edition via VST plugin and Sibelius

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 12:23 pm

After a bit of trial and a lot of error I have Sibelius playing Hauptwerk via a VST plugin. I have discovered that clicking the "gear wheel" in the Mixer loads Hauptwerk, but it loads it in trial mode with the bell-ringing. How can I persuade it to load Hauptwerk in free mode?

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: Starting free edition via VST plugin and Sibelius

PostThu Jul 30, 2009 12:27 pm

You can change the starting mode once the VST is loaded by going to General settings | General options. Look at the bottom then change the Default unlicensed edition option.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Davidhh

PostFri Jul 31, 2009 2:37 am

Thanks for that advice. So far the "free edition" has been a little expensive in money and time. My old sound card had far too much latency - like playing an organ 50 feet away through a poor pneumatic action - so I bought a new one and had to remove the old one. Many of my existing applications then didn't work and had to be altered to suit the new card. Next expense will be an additional keyboard. Eventually the paid-for Hauptwerk, more memory and some better samples. That will use up all of my pocket money for a while, but based on experience so far, it will all be worth it.

engrssc

PostFri Jul 31, 2009 8:58 am

The more you get into HW, you will see the worth. Sometimes tho, getting "there" in a piece meal fashion can be more expensive than designing a more adequate setup from the start.

Rgds,
Ed

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)