It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:27 pm

Midi Output through Allen Organ Console

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

Nigel D

Midi Output through Allen Organ Console

PostThu Jan 07, 2010 3:31 pm

Hello

I have just downloaded the trial version of Hauptwerk and am using it through the midi facility on my Allen C12C Protege organ. Everything seems fine apart from the fact that the sound is coming from my laptop speakers rather than from the internal and external spaekers of the organ. My midi lead has one usb plug (into laptop) and two midi plugs (one "in" plugged into the organ's "out" socket and one "out" plugged into the organ's "in" socket). I have very little understanding of midi issues and would be grateful for any help anyone can offer.

Thank you very much.

Nigel D

polikimre

Re: Midi Output through Allen Organ Console

PostThu Jan 07, 2010 3:39 pm

MIDI is not going to transfer your sound back to the Allen, it just takes the keystrokes and stop changes fromt he console to Hauptwerk. If you want to hear Hauptwerk through your Allen's speakers, you need to feed it back from your laptopt to an audio input on your console, if it has one. If your console does not have an audio input, then you are out of luck (unless you are willing to open it up, find the place to feed the audio signal to, and make it happen).

kevin_sa

PostThu Jan 07, 2010 3:40 pm

Sound is not transmitted through midi.

In order to get the sound through your organ's speakers, you would have to connect the "line-out"/"headphone" jack of your laptop to the "line-in" jack of your organ (if it has one).

This is not ideal though as the build-in sound of most laptops is not very good and you would get far better results using an external sound card

Edit: Imre beat me to it

Nigel D

PostThu Jan 07, 2010 5:01 pm

Many thanks for both replies..

Nigel D

organtechnology

PostThu Jan 07, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi Nigel,

Since your console has MIDI capability, it would seem reasonable that it have an audio input to be used by a MIDI sound generator. I tried to find your organ's user manual but the Allen site would not show it to me.

Do you know where a MIDI module like an Allen extender would mount on your console?

I found the manual and it does not say where the audio input jacks are ( if any). Where are the amplifiers and speakers?

Pax,

Tom
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

Nigel D

PostFri Jan 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Hello Tom

Thanks for your message.

I don't think there is an input jack on the organ - I have searched everywhere. I guess I will just have to wait to get my new computer and speakers.

Thanks, again, for taking the time to reply.

Nigel

Cornwall, England

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)