It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:52 am

Gt and Ped pistons coupled - midi switch?

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

peterorg

Gt and Ped pistons coupled - midi switch?

PostWed Apr 28, 2010 7:26 am

Hi,
Can anyone tell me, please, which "General settings / Switch midi input" is used on the St Anne's Moseley organ to control the "Gt and ped pistons coupled" coupler.
I have worked out the inputs for all the other stops and couplers but despite much trial and error I can't determine which input is used for this one.
Very many thanks,
Peter

mdyde

Re: Gt and Ped pistons coupled - midi switch?

PostWed Apr 28, 2010 7:37 am

Hello Peter,

By default, that virtual switch isn't mapped to any of the entries on the 'General settings | Switch (MIDI) inputs' screen, but you can map it yourself to whichever you prefer by using the 'Organ settings | Connect switch (MIDI) inputs to organ switches' screen.

Hope that helps.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

peterorg

PostWed Apr 28, 2010 8:08 am

Hi Martin,
VERY many thanks for your help. It is so obvious once you know but I either hadn't seen 'General settings | Switch (MIDI) inputs' or hadn't realised its significance!
Much appreciated.
Peter

mdyde

PostWed Apr 28, 2010 8:19 am

Thanks, Peter.

No problem.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

rainworthgord

PostFri Jan 28, 2011 6:18 pm

mdyde wrote:Hello Peter,

By default, that virtual switch isn't mapped to any of the entries on the 'General settings | Switch (MIDI) inputs' screen, but you can map it yourself to whichever you prefer by using the 'Organ settings | Connect switch (MIDI) inputs to organ switches' screen.

Hope that helps.

Hi all, my first post .....

Having just started with the free trial version I have configured it so that I can use my computer keys to change stops, pistons etc. So in the General Settings Midi Inputs screen I have used the codes listed in the manual appendix to enter into the 'Event Number'. I have truly amazed myself by getting this far, (unlike Murphy's Law which states that anything that can possibly go wrong will go wrong, Foster's law is that even if it can't possibly go wrong it still will!) But one thing is beating me - if I can't identify the Gt and Ped Pistons Coupled stop in the General Settings section and therefore can't allocate a computer key to it, how can Organ Settings then recognise which computer key I wish to assign to it? I'm sure there's a simple answer which this elderly technophobe has not sussed out. Anyone know it in plain English words of the proverbial one syllable please?

organtechnology

PostFri Jan 28, 2011 8:23 pm

rainworthgord wrote:
mdyde wrote:Hello Peter,

Hope that helps.

Hi all, my first post .....

Having just started with the free trial version I have configured it so that I can use my computer keys to change stops, pistons etc. So in the General Settings Midi Inputs screen I have used the codes listed in the manual appendix to enter into the 'Event Number'. I have truly amazed myself by getting this far, (unlike Murphy's Law which states that anything that can possibly go wrong will go wrong, Foster's law is that even if it can't possibly go wrong it still will!) But one thing is beating me - if I can't identify the Gt and Ped Pistons Coupled stop in the General Settings section and therefore can't allocate a computer key to it, how can Organ Settings then recognise which computer key I wish to assign to it? I'm sure there's a simple answer which this elderly technophobe has not sussed out. Anyone know it in plain English words of the proverbial one syllable please?

Its like a patch panel. You connect a MIDI input switch (hardware) to the Organ (virtual) switch by associating them in the 'Organ settings | Connect switch (MIDI) inputs to organ switches' screen. One from the column Left and One from the window shade on the Right.

OK, the Gt & Ped Coupled is NOT in the 'General settings | Switch (MIDI) inputs' it is in the 'Organ Settings | connect switch MID'I. You can set up a switch in the 'General settings | Switch (MIDI) inputs' that is not committed to anything else and then go to 'Organ settings | Connect switch (MIDI) inputs to organ switches' screen and tell the Organ switch to respond to that MIDI switch.

In the left hand column are the pistons, stops and couplers from the sample set. Highlight the one you want to operate. On the right is a pull down listing all the 'General settings | Switch (MIDI) inputs' (these are the ones you associated with the computer codes). Select the one with the computer code you want to use for the coupler. Say OK and it should work now.

Pax,

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

rainworthgord

PostSat Jan 29, 2011 1:42 pm

Many thanks for a quick reply Thomas. I'm not able to try that immediately but I think I understand your directions and hope to give it a go tomorrow.

As a 'first timer' can I just say how pleasing it is to see that other more experienced users are always so ready to come up with the help that we novices need, as instanced here and elsewhere inthe threads I have read. Thank you.

rainworthgord

PostMon Jan 31, 2011 3:59 am

Bingo!

Many thanks

Gordon

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)