It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:08 pm

E MU 0404 installation stops LoopBE working

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

peterorg

E MU 0404 installation stops LoopBE working

PostWed May 12, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi,
I have written some software to control the stops in the free version of Hauptwerk from a touch screen which uses LoopBE as an interface between my software and Hauptwerk. Hauptwerk is set to receive these control signals on channel 1.
All was working fine and I am getting closer to getting a whole organ working. However, today I installed an E-MU 0404 sound card and this seems to be preventing my software communicating with Hauptwerk via LoopBE.
I know there could be a whole host of reasons for this but I just wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience before I spend even more hours trying to solve the problem. I have checked everything I can think of in Hauptwerk and have set the midi input path to channel 1 using midi input port LoopBE and General and util pistons.
If I uninstall the 0404 drivers all works well - reinstall and I cannot control the stops.
Any suggestions would be very welcome.

A last resort would be to try and disable the midi port of the 0404 to see if there is a conflict but I am not sure how to do this.

Thanks,
Peter

jkinkennon

Re: E MU 0404 installation stops LoopBE working

PostWed May 12, 2010 2:40 pm

Is there a possibility that a utility such as Midi-Ox is making connections between MIDI devices that you don't want? I've had that wreck my plans! Did you check both MIDI inputs and outputs in HW? I use the EMU-1212m and 1820 along side LoopBE without any issues. That's been under Windows Vista (32-bit) and Windows 7 (64-bit). Good Luck!

peterorg

Re: E MU 0404 installation stops LoopBE working

PostWed May 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi jkinkennon,

Many thanks for your reply. I didn't have Midi-Ox on the organ computer but your answer did prompt me to try it in place of LoopBE. Success! I'm not sure why LoopBE won't work with the EMU 0404 drivers installed and I will investigate further but Midi-Ox certainly delivers the goods and I will go with this for the time being.
I am collecting a midi pedalboard tomorrow so the organ is coming on! Once it is all working with the free version, I will be looking to get the full version v4 when it comes out.
Many thanks again for you help.

Peter

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)