It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:18 am

Keyboard (cpu) controlled stops Help.

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

hauptwerknewb96

Keyboard (cpu) controlled stops Help.

PostSat May 15, 2010 11:35 am

hello i just got an account and i was wondering if someone could help me with controlling organ stops with the computer keyboard!!

hauptwerknewb96

Re: Keyboard (cpu) controlled stops Help.

PostSat May 15, 2010 11:38 am

And one other thing :roll: umm is there a way some1 could tell me about the custom design

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostSat May 15, 2010 12:02 pm

hauptwerknewb96 wrote:hello i just got an account and i was wondering if someone could help me with controlling organ stops with the computer keyboard!!

Hello and welcome,

I've moved this post to the Free Edition forum.

Please see the tutorials page for setting up switches at http://www.hauptwerk.com/tutorials. Then have a look in the Hauptwerk user guide for the keyboard shortcut codes that need to be entered. These are located near the end of the guide in the Appendix. You need to select the option for Computer keyboard pressed in the Switch MIDI inputs menu then enter the codes found in the user guide that correspond with your computer key.

And one other thing umm is there a way some1 could tell me about the custom design

Again, please have a look at the CODM user guide which explains all details about the CODM. Also you can search the CODM forum area as there have been many posts about various ways to implement settings to create custom organ definitions.

http://www.hauptwerk.com/documentation or launch Hauptwerk and go to Help | Main user guide or CODM user guide.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

hauptwerknewb96

PostSat May 15, 2010 12:17 pm

thanks! :D

hauptwerknewb96

PostSat May 15, 2010 6:11 pm

i still dont get how to design the virtual consols though. that stops are linked to the cpu keyboard but i canr figure out the design module :shock:

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostSat May 15, 2010 7:17 pm

I'm afraid we aren't able to offer step by step instructions for the CODM other than what is already contained within the CODM user guide. You can experiment with the supplied CODM files to begin with which is generally the best way to get experience. Try changing various settings and you will learn how the correlations work. Other users may be able to help you here as well. Also please remember that we cannot provide official support for users using the Free Edition as well.

Thank you.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

ggoode_sa

PostSun May 16, 2010 1:19 am

Hi hauptwerknewb96,

The best way to learn about using the CODM provided for creating custom organs in Hauptwerk is to first read through the CODM manual as Brett has indicated, and then open one of the example CODM XML files in C:\Hauptwerk\HauptwerkUserData\CustomOrganDefinitions. Read through the XML, taking note of the various nodes and sub-nodes (or sections and sub-sections). Make a change in the XML, save it to another name (so that you have the original example still available) and then open the changed CODM XML file from the Design Tools > Load Custom Organ of the Hautpwerk top menu. Experiment with the more advanced examples and learn what each section controls.
Then you should be ready to create your own CODM XML file.

Let us know what you're wanting to achieve with using the CODM and perhaps we can also give you tips on how best to do it, or where in the XML file you need to focus on...

GrahamG

hauptwerknewb96

PostSun May 16, 2010 11:05 am

thank you soo much ill give it a try!!!!!

hauptwerknewb96

PostSun May 16, 2010 11:10 am

how do I change the XML???

ggoode_sa

PostSun May 16, 2010 11:37 am

Google for 'Free XML Editor' and take your pick from the choices offered... I use a professional level editor that is included in Microsoft Visual Studio (You should be able to get the Visual Studio Express Editions as a free download). If you have never dealt with XML before, do use your favorite search engine to read up on some tutorials that are available online before digging in with the CODM XML too...

GrahamG

hauptwerknewb96

PostSun May 16, 2010 3:41 pm

hmmm ok, ill try that.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)