It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:42 am

Help with CODM Error

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

Grinchdog

Help with CODM Error

PostTue Sep 07, 2010 2:10 am

Hi Guys,

I think I'm doing it wrong here.. I started creating a custom organ by loading the compiled definition of example organ 6, and added a bunch of new stuff. But I could only get so far because the manual was totally different than what I was seeing. I managed to make it to the switches and switch linkage before i could not go any further. Now I think I know why. I think I am directly editing a compiled organ definition instead of using a custom organ definition. Does that sound right?? If so, I'm relieved. But it also Looks like I get to start over.. Ugh!!!..

Jeff

mdyde

Re: Help with CODM Error

PostTue Sep 07, 2010 2:57 am

Hello Jeff,

That's correct - you need to edit the Custom Organ Definition files (CODM ODFs), not the compiled output of the CODM ('full format' ODFs).

Have a read through the CODM user's guide (on the Help menu in Hauptwerk) which explains where the files are located and how to use and edit them.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Grinchdog

PostTue Sep 07, 2010 9:08 pm

Well that explains a lot. Much frustration I have been through... but at least now I get it..

Thanks!!

bcollins

PostTue Sep 07, 2010 11:36 pm

Probably learned a lot at least! :D
Bob Collins

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)