It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 pm

Advanced functions in CODM

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

Grinchdog

Advanced functions in CODM

PostTue Sep 14, 2010 2:33 am

Hey guys,

Well now that I've figured out CODM basics, I am really enjoying the process. But there are some functions I can't find yet.

1) Tutti I, II reversible Pistons (this is on St anne's but it's not in CODM format)
2) All Swells to swell, (aka master swell) activated by a coupler switch. I have already found threads on this but it's very difficult to do anything in ODF format.
and 3) assigning expression from one division to another division.

In my design a created a string division on manual V. Now it's not "floating" in the true sense, the controls are just on a different page. But what I want to do is a "string expression" control. So there would be key-cheek pistons on each manual that move the string expression control (man V in this example) to that division's swell pedal. Allen organ commonly uses this kind of control for floating divisions. Should I perhaps have done this with say, a non-standard Division 8 (A true floating division..) instead of using manual 5? Either way, is this possible in CODM?

Thanks again guys..

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: Advanced functions in CODM

PostTue Sep 14, 2010 3:06 pm

Hello Grinchdog,

None of these features are available in the CODM.. You would need to use the full organ definition format to implement these features. The St. Anne's ODF uses the full format and the CODM examples of the St. Anne's do not feature the Tutti pistons.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Grinchdog

PostWed Sep 15, 2010 1:57 am

OK, I figured you would say that. Is there any reason those features aren't available? Too complex? No demand?

So If I have to edit the ODF, is there a manual or guide for understanding the linkages and double linkages? Or maybe does somebody have a flowchart for how the different parts are compiled? Basically, can somebody help me out?

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostWed Sep 15, 2010 2:03 am

The CODM is meant to be a simple method for creating files so many of the more complex features were simply not added to keep it at a working level so most users can modify files quickly. Adding more complex features winds up causing the difficulty levels to increase and that defeats the purpose of the CODM.

We do have a full format creation guide which covers more advanced features, however this is reserved for licensed Hauptwerk users and is not available publicly. If you decide to purchase a Hauptwerk license please just contact us privately and we can send this to you after you have made your purchase.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Grinchdog

PostWed Sep 15, 2010 1:14 pm

Ok that's fine. I was planning on going full soon anyways, so that will be my motivation for the purchase. And thanks, you guys have been great with the help..

Jeff

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostWed Sep 15, 2010 1:33 pm

Thanks Jeff,

No problem.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)