It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:30 am

Version 4 basic, automatic load startup help, please.

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

Duane

Version 4 basic, automatic load startup help, please.

PostFri May 20, 2011 9:30 pm

Hi,
I know it has to be on here somewhere but I've exhausted my searches in the forums and FAQ. Your help is appreciated.

I am running XP SP3 and trying to get H4 to bring up the St. Anne's default basic/free console automatically after pressing the computer on button.

The initial "welcome to hauptwerk" 3-choice, continue/exit screen comes up automatically just fine using my start menu folder etc.. I can not get the right settings (if they exist) to essentially continue to the basic edition after that and move on to loading the console.

I have tried "load favorite console on startup", and played with the min/max wait for USB dongle settings, nothing seems to work.

If there are setting that's work around this, can you please spell them out for me? If they are disabled in the basic edition, oh well, small price to pay for great software.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Duane

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: Version 4 basic, automatic load startup help, please.

PostSat May 21, 2011 12:16 am

Hello Duane,

You will always get the edition selection screen when running Hauptwerk without a license, so there is no way around that and you must always choose the edition you wish to load. If you mean after that that you want Hauptwerk to automatically load an organ, that is done under General settings | General preferences then change the option for 'Load organ when Hauptwerk starts?' This can be done in the Basic Edition as well as the other editions. This is also covered in the main Hauptwerk user guide on page 133.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

mdyde

Re: Version 4 basic, automatic load startup help, please.

PostSat May 21, 2011 5:55 am

Hello Duane,

To add to Brett's reply:

As long as you have a licence for Hauptwerk v4 (either the Basic or Advanced Edition) you won't see the start-up screen. The screen is there to tell you that don't have a valid licence installed and thus to ask you whether you want to use the Free Edition or to evaluate the Basic or Advanced Edition.

The Basic Edition isn't the same thing as the Free Edition - the various editions are covered here:

http://www.hauptwerk.com/learn-more/editions/

Hence if you haven't already got one (looking in our database I think perhaps you haven't, unless it was ordered under a different name or email address), then buying a licence for Hauptwerk will eliminate that start-up screen (as well as giving you the additional benefits that the licensed editions have, of course).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)