It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:07 pm

Johannus Opus 15 and HW4

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

wiegie

Johannus Opus 15 and HW4

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 2:29 am

Hi there,

I've recently downloaded HW4 Free.
Also bought Chord usb-midi interface for €30.
Now trying to get stuff to work on a Packard Bell MH35 Laptop with 2GB of RAM, which should be enough for St. Anne's.

Problem is not Hauptwerk itself: St. Anne's loads in acceptable time, and if I click a key on any of the keyboards or the pedal, it works properly.

Problem is the playing via my Johannus Opus 15: if I hit a key, nothing happens. Whether I put my MIDI IN plug into the console's MIDI MOD or MIDI SEQ ports, does not make a difference. :(

The auto-detect function in Hauptwerk never has brought me any results: Hauptwerk doesn't even see the console...
I lack the knowledge to understand what the problem is: the computer, the interface, the console or wrong Hauptwerk settings.

Can anyone help me out?
Wiegie

wiegie

Re: Johannus Opus 15 and HW4

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 4:25 am

I forgot to say that the lights on my USB-MIDI connector are flashing when I hit the keys of my Johannus console
and that the USB indicator light on it also works.

And I also forgot to say that I am new to Hauptwerk, so please don't make it to comlicated for me... :wink:

Thank you!

Lia

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 4:27 am

You should connect the MIDI SEQ of the Johannus to the the MIDI IN of the midi-interface, before starting Hauptwerk.
If auto-detect doesn't see the console, I would suggest to go through the General Configuration Wizard (which you can find under General Settings) again to make sure you have your MIDI settings right. Then try auto-detect again (right-click on the keyboard).
I'm using an Opus 15 without problems.

wiegie

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 5:55 am

Lia wrote:You should connect the MIDI SEQ of the Johannus to the the MIDI IN of the midi-interface, before starting Hauptwerk.
If auto-detect doesn't see the console, I would suggest to go through the General Configuration Wizard (which you can find under General Settings) again to make sure you have your MIDI settings right. Then try auto-detect again (right-click on the keyboard).
I'm using an Opus 15 without problems.

OK. USB cable connected before starting Hauptwerk. Auto-detect still does not work.
In General Config Wizard, I first choose 'Unmodified (...): Johannus'.
Then, in the 'MIDI IN ports' screen, I see two things: 'USB audio device' and 'Hauptwerk VST Link'. I do not know which column to tick for both of them: 'Console MIDI IN' or 'Sequencer MIDI IN'
Please tell me which one I have to tick.

In the 'MIDI OUT ports' screen I leave everything unticked, as I do not need it yet.

Then, it says that I have to make sure that 'The console's combination system is turned off'.
Is this neccessary, and how do I do this?

It's a long story... Hope you can help me!

Wiegie

Lia

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 6:34 am

wiegie wrote:OK. USB cable connected before starting Hauptwerk. Auto-detect still does not work.
In General Config Wizard, I first choose 'Unmodified (...): Johannus'.
Then, in the 'MIDI IN ports' screen, I see two things: 'USB audio device' and 'Hauptwerk VST Link'. I do not know which column to tick for both of them: 'Console MIDI IN' or 'Sequencer MIDI IN'
Please tell me which one I have to tick.
Choose for Console MIDI IN the USB audio device, and for the Sequencer MIDI IN the Hauptwerk VST Link.

In the 'MIDI OUT ports' screen I leave everything unticked, as I do not need it yet.
That's ok.

Then, it says that I have to make sure that 'The console's combination system is turned off'.
Is this neccessary, and how do I do this?

No, it is not necessary, I'm not even sure whether it is possible with Johannus consoles. It refers to the internal combination system (combinations of stops) of the console. You can either use the combination system of the console or the combination system of HW. Using both at the same time won't work.

wiegie

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 10:11 am

thanks for the excellent help!
it got me on track to success...
the usb-midi interface was the problem.
when a new one has arrived, everything will work!

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 11:45 am

[Topic moved here]
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Lia

PostMon Jun 20, 2011 1:14 pm

wiegie wrote:thanks for the excellent help!
it got me on track to success...
the usb-midi interface was the problem.
when a new one has arrived, everything will work!

Welcome :D

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)