It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:43 am

MIDI USB

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

Karkajou

MIDI USB

PostSun Sep 04, 2011 3:29 pm

One keyboard (M-Audio Oxygen 49) connected to my computer (MacBook Pro) works very well. I can switch from channel 1 to channel 3 via the keyboard commands and I am able to make the pedalboard (ch.1), the great (ch.2) and the swell (ch. 3) produce sounds.
My computer has 2 USB connections so, I've tried to connect another small (25 keys) USB keyboard and there... I got problems :

- the new small keyboard is not detected;
- if I strike a key on my keyboard, the sound begins a few secondes after the strike and it doesnt stop. If I play 10 notes, the 10 notes continue to sound without stopping. I have to quit Hauptwerk.

Fisrt of all, can we plug more than just one keyboard to the computer via USB connections?
Do I need a HUB to plug all USB midi keyboards to it?
Second, is there special pocedure in the connection of keyboards to the computer?

Martin_Dümig

Re: MIDI USB

PostMon Sep 05, 2011 3:35 am

Hello Karkajou,

this seems to be a problem of the drivers for the Keyboards. Maybee they don't like each other.

Does the small keyboard work alone - is it recogniced if the other keyboard is not connected? First you need the small keyboard to work alone. If there is a driver supplied with this keyboard, it has to be installed first. When this keyboard is working, you could try to connect the two keyboards together. They should then be seen both by Hauptwerk.

I think, such small keyboards do not expect to be used with other keyboards simultanosely. I expect that a hub for connection won't help if it doesn't work with the two connectors offered by your computer.

Good luck - Martin (Dümig)
You can play Bach on every organ.

BachsFugue

PostMon Sep 05, 2011 10:44 pm

Does your small 25 note keyboard have a 5 connector (MIDI) jack on it? (I'm sure the M-Audio does as I have their smaller version.) If the 25 note does have the MIDI jack, I would suggest getting a separate MIDI interface like the E-MU Xmidi 2x2. Plug both the M-Audio Oxygen 49 and the 25 note keyboard into it with MIDI cables, and then plug the E-MU Xmidi into a USB port. That way Hauptwerk has to work with only one device. Of course you need to make sure the small keyboard is really sending MIDI signals through a MIDI port. I'd check that independently.

You didn't specify the 25 note unit. Is it really a MIDI device? It could have a USB port and conceivably not be a MIDI device.
Cole Votaw -- Springfield, Ohio, USA

Karkajou

PostMon Sep 05, 2011 11:47 pm

I have solved the probelm. I'm now able to use 2 USB keyboards : M-Audio Oxygen49 and Akai professional LPK25.

I have checked each one separately. Both worked. I turned off the computer and plugged both af them. My MacBook has 2 usb in.
Once Hauptwerk launched and the organ loaded I went in the General Setting menu -----» Midi port and I checked
my 2 keyboards and every everything worked correctly.

Great.

Thank you very much both of you Martin... and Bach...

I will look for a USB Hub.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)