It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:48 pm

Is there any way to use 3.Party Samplesets in H4 free?

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

fahl5

Is there any way to use 3.Party Samplesets in H4 free?

PostMon Oct 03, 2011 2:31 am

I just have ordered the c.1600 Antignati Sampleset and would like to use it with the H4 free edition. I know, that I would not be able to load and use the 2,4 Gb of all stops at once, but that is not such a problem for me.
What I would like to know, is the question, if there is any way to use other usb licenser keys to license the thirdparty Sampleset for Hauptwerk than purchasing the basic or advanced edition. At least there are already several usb Licensers on my DAW (for Cubase an also some ILok licensed applications). It would be great if I would be able to use one of them for licensing the c.1600 Antignati Sampleset.
best
Fahl5

pkuzan

Re: Is there any way to use 3.Party Samplesets in H4 free?

PostMon Oct 03, 2011 3:26 am

Hi,

Just as you have done with your DAW and sample set, you need to buy a Hauptwerk license.

It is such wonderful piece of software and worth every penny.

All the best,
Paul

mdyde

Re: Is there any way to use 3.Party Samplesets in H4 free?

PostMon Oct 03, 2011 4:48 am

Hello Fahl5,

As far as I know, the Sonus Paradisi St. Carlo Antegnati sample set is actually compatible with the Hauptwerk Free Edition, i.e. it isn't itself licensed via the Hauptwerk USB key. (You could contact Sonus Paradisi to verify if needed.)

Hence I don't think you would actually need to buy a Hauptwerk licence just in order to use that sample set, although of course the Basic/Advanced Editions do have a great many other benefits above the Free Edition and we hope you'd find it worthwhile anyway.

Hope that helps.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)