It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:04 pm

strange stop behaviour

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

BJT

strange stop behaviour

PostThu Oct 20, 2011 8:05 am

I have just built a 2 man & ped instrument using an old livingston console, all electronics removed, midi boutiques hwce2 encoder installed using 8 x8 diode matrices. Ch1 pedals, Ch2 Great, Ch3 Swell, Ch4 stops( note on/off). All seemed well until I played a middle 'D' on the swell when all the stops on the swell went in and came out when the note was released!
I have discovered that this happens with all departments if the third stop on the matrix is selected and middle 'D' on the swell pressed e.g. third stop on great middle 'D' on swell all great stops close. I have checked the incoming midi with midi-ox and can see no problems. Any suggestions? Once sorted I intend to buy the basic edition to create a headless organ.

mdyde

Re: strange stop behaviour

PostThu Oct 20, 2011 8:19 am

Hello BJT,

Many thanks for the interest in Hauptwerk.

My guess is that somehow you accidentally have some stops configured to respond to that MIDI note.

Please try:

- Launch Hauptwerk.

- Go to the 'General settings | MIDI ports | MIDI IN ports' screen tab and make sure that all of the MIDI IN ports to which your MIDI encoders connect are ticked in the left-hand column:

- Untick everything on the MIDI OUT ports tab (assuming you don't need MIDI output to control solenoid-actuated/illuminated draw-knobs/tabs).

- Load St. Anne's.

- Use 'Organ settings | Organ configuration wizard' to reset all MIDI settings.

- Now use right auto-detection on each of the virtual keyboards to configure them again.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)