It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:29 pm

Combination Action and Piston Issues

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

rivierawurlitzer

Combination Action and Piston Issues

PostWed Dec 07, 2011 7:13 pm

Hello,

I am new to the virtual organ scene. I am converting my home instrument from pipes to virtual in order to downsize and spend more time playing and less time working in the chamber.

I have an Artisan Legacy relay system in my 2 manual console which has midi capabilities.

I have a computer setup with HW 3.30 and the Paramount 310 organ which is running OK so far. I do have 2 quirky issues so far that I am stuck on:

1) The pistons send Midi Program Change messages. I used MIDI-OX to capture the midi data and verified that Piston 1 sends data 1, piston 2 sends data 2 etc. I mapped the pistons (I have 12) to generals 1 - 12 in HW which are connected to generals 1 - 12 on the Paramount 310. For some reason, when I hit piston 1, it actually actuates piston 2 in HW and so on up to piston 12 operating HW piston 13. I double checked all the settings and can't figure it out.

2) I setup some generals using the computer directly. I made sure I saved before exiting but upon restarting, they were not right. I then cleared everything and set just General 1 doing just 1 stop each on pedal, accomp and great. I saved the settings and backed up the settings to a file. I exited the program, went back in and the piston had changed. I ended up with a different stop on pedal, 2 stops on accomp and 2 stops on great. I then reloaded my HW backed up settings. The piston was then correct UNTIL I hit another piston and went back to it, then it was incorrect again with the same wrong / added stops as before.

organtechnology

Re: Combination Action and Piston Issues

PostWed Dec 07, 2011 9:34 pm

Hello,

Since Hauptwerk 3.3 is no longer supported, I recommend that you download V4.0 and use the free addition to set up the Paramont 310 using HW V4,0 much easier to use wizards. HW V4.0 allows you to set up manuals, pedals, pistons etc. almost without knowing what MIDI they are sending! Then you can upgrade after you are certain it all works!

Pax,

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostWed Dec 07, 2011 9:58 pm

[Topic moved]

Hello rivierawurlitzer,

As Thomas mentioned, please upgrade to Hauptwerk 4 since version 3 is no longer supported and you should find it much easier to configure your settings using version 4 with the new auto-detect features included.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

mdyde

PostThu Dec 08, 2011 6:55 am

The Hauptwerk v4 software download is on this page (includes the Free Edition):

http://www.hauptwerk.com/downloads/hauptwerk-downloads/
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

rivierawurlitzer

PostTue Dec 13, 2011 7:53 pm

Hello. I did a fresh install starting with Win 7 64 bit and HW4 (free version). Everything is working perfectly! I started programming the relay to send midi info for stop on/off and the auto detect feature in HW4 has made setup very easy! I look forward to upgrading to one of the more advanced HW versions and expanding the virtual organ I have. Thanks for the support!

mdyde

PostWed Dec 14, 2011 6:22 am

Glad to hear it's all working well now. Many thanks.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)