It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 am

Combination Files

Please note: we can't provide official support for the Free Edition, but other users might be able to help you here.
  • Author

grocer

Combination Files

PostSat Dec 24, 2011 11:13 am

Looking through some of the Hauptwerk Instruments Forum I came across the "Paramount 310
to be Released" topic which had on Page 3 a link to a download of a Combinations .xml file, very
generously put up by Ian McGlinchey.
I have downloaded the file and placed it in the folder containing all the default combination files but it is not being recognised by the Hauptwerk programme.
Although this new file has the same file extension as the others ( .xml ) on my PC,running Windows XP, the displayed folder icon is different to all the others.Its properties describe it as an .xml doc whereas the other files are described as .xml file which makes me think that it is being seen as a different type and therefore not valid to the programme .Any ideas as to what the problem might be would be greatly appreciated.

grocer

mdyde

Re: Combination Files

PostMon Dec 26, 2011 7:33 am

Hello Grocer,

Assuming you're using Hauptwerk v4 (if not, please first upgrade to v4, which has a Free Edition and can be downloaded from our downloads page), you just need to use 'Registration | Import combination set' when the intended organ is loaded in Hauptwerk. That will ensure that the file is moved to the correct location and its formats migrated as necessary.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

grocer

PostMon Dec 26, 2011 9:15 am

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your prompt response to my problem.I had been following the procedure you explained but without any apparent success.
Reasoning that it was most likely that the fault was mine I tried again ,but slowly and carefully, and sure enough I seemed to have had a Senior Moment before and failed to realise that it was necessary to name the file in the final import window.Doing things in a hurry I had assumed that the programme used the existing file name and that was the file I was clicking the final "OK" without having entered a name. Doohh ! .As they say -When in doubt read the instructions .
Having followed your advice I have successfully imported the new file.Thanks again for your interest..As you probably realise, I'm a bit of a newbie to all this and I really appreciate such help from this Forum.

grocer

mdyde

PostMon Dec 26, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks, Grocer.

You're welcome and glad to hear it's resolved now.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Free Edition support (users supporting users)