It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:08 am

Change an 8' to a 16' pitch

Sampling pipe organs and turning them into something you can play in Hauptwerk.
  • Author

Doug S.

Change an 8' to a 16' pitch

PostTue Jul 30, 2013 9:40 am

Is it possible to change the overall pitch of a stop such as a pedal Octave 8 to a 16' open?
I have the Velesovo sample set and yearn for a pedal open diapason 16'
Doug

Morse

Re: Change an 8' to a 16' pitch

PostTue Jul 30, 2013 10:10 am

The short answer is Yes.
The long answer is that you need to extend the lowest octave of an 8' set of samples to 16'. To do this with high quality you need to do a synchronous FFT translation for all the samples of each note. This is tedious because for a wet surround set that means the front and rear sustain samples as well as all the front and rear release samples. For the Velesovo that is 12 notes times eight samples equals 96 translations. It's especially tedious to use this new rank in Velesovo because it is not easily used in CODM since the samples have a non-standard naming convention.
Al Morse

Doug S.

PostTue Jul 30, 2013 10:27 am

Thanks Al,
The more I learn about CODM the more I treasure your conversion of the Velesovo set into the modern 3M. It is my primary sample set used in my pipe hybrid. I thank you again for your amazing gift to the HW world. My unfulfilled dream is a CODM revision that we mere mortals can use without endless hours of study and frustration.
Doug
Doug

Eric Sagmuller

PostTue Jul 30, 2013 11:36 am

I'd love to add a 32' pedal Untersatz to my Zwolle set, something the Velesovo does have. As I understand it though, one would need to rewrite the whole sample set in CODM to change any of it, or am I wrong here?

Eric

Morse

PostWed Jul 31, 2013 8:57 am

Hi Eric,

Yes, CODM would be the only practical way to add your Untersatz to Zwolle. I guess you would extend the Subbass16. I don't personally feel the need to extend Zwolle, so you're on your own there. If you do create the new samples, I could certainly help you with the CODM.

You may already know that I have offered a reduced (50 stop, 3 manuals) layout of Zwolle that I call the "Flentrop". I would have no problems with sharing that CODM file, so much of the work would already be done for you.
Al Morse

Return to Creating sample sets / recording organs