It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 am

Combination Custom Organ

Sampling pipe organs and turning them into something you can play in Hauptwerk.
  • Author

Antoni Scott

Combination Custom Organ

PostTue Dec 08, 2015 10:40 am

I just got my Combination Custom Organ from Custom Hauptwerk Organs by Josq, and only have the highest praise for his efforts. He created a magnificent organ for me with four manuals and over 100 stops, combining selected stops from my previous sample sets.
For this particular organ, my tastes were more along the early French ( i.e. St. Maximin) with its honking reedy reeds and thin Montre sounds , and Baroque stops from the Silberman and Zwolle whose Principals and Mixtures have no peer. Mixed in all of this is another of my favorites, the Forcalquier, with its subtle Flutes.
Most interesting to me is the fact that the microphone position of the Forcalquier appears to be more "up front and close" than some of my other sample sets. When I play Flutes from the Zwolle or Silbermann contrasted to the Forcalquier, the impression of near and far is delightful rendering a sound that is very familiar to me when I play one of those old baroque organs where the top manual is the highest location in the organ compared to those at console level. There is one stop, the Contre Bombarde 32', taken from the Caen, and creates a tremendous bass to the entire pedal division. If I knew how to do it, I would post an image of the screen shot. Perhaps, Custom Hauptwerk Organs could do it if they wished.

As with most enthusiasts that may think that mixing stops is not a good thing, but I can say that the result of slightly differing reverb times was of no concern at all. In fact it was not even noticeable.

Antoni

scottherbert

Re: Combination Custom Organ

PostSat Dec 12, 2015 9:04 am

Congrats on getting what you want and like, I think that's what is important! After all, it's your organ, make YOURSELF happy!!! :D

~Scott
"Life is just a dream, it is in death that we truly awaken!"

Return to Creating sample sets / recording organs