It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:54 am

Simple recording question

Sampling pipe organs and turning them into something you can play in Hauptwerk.
  • Author

joyfuljoshuaforjesus

Simple recording question

PostWed Feb 21, 2007 3:53 pm

I am someone who may soon be considering purchasing Crumhorn Labs. I have a simple question, which as far as I can tell, hasn't been answered by any of the FAQ on the site. Can you create your own songs using Crumhorn Labs by recording and saving them to your computer? I have a midi keyboard I want to know if I can hook it up to my computer and play the sounds that are provided in Crumhorn Labs into my own compositions and save them as a file. Or is Crumhorn Labs only a sampling software, where you can play and listen to diffrent organ sounds, but not allowing you to record or save them?

Also is there a way, if you have Crumhorn Labs, where you could get a program like Cakewalk and, through that program, record the songs or sounds that are provided with Crumhorn Labs and make a file that way? I appriciate any help with this.

Joshua

mdyde

PostWed Feb 21, 2007 4:00 pm

Hello Joshua,

Just to clarify: Hauptwerk is the software, Crumhorn Labs is the company that makes it.

Hauptwerk produces organ sounds in response to MIDI note-on/off messages. It also has a built-in facility to record the audio output as an audio file. However, it is not a MIDI sequencer so if you want to record and edit your performances as MIDI then you need an additional MIDI sequencer program, such as Steinberg Cubase or Cubasis or Cakewalk Sonar.

This page in the user guide covers how you use Hauptwerk with a MIDI sequencer:

http://www.hauptwerk.com/clientuploads/documentation/CurrentUserGuide/UserGuideRedirects/QuickStart-MIDISequencer.pdf

You can also use Hauptwerk a VST instrument within Cubase or another VST host program, as covered here:

http://www.hauptwerk.com/clientuploads/documentation/CurrentUserGuide/UserGuideRedirects/QuickStart-VSTi.pdf

Best regards,
Martin.

telemanr

PostWed Feb 21, 2007 7:16 pm

Just for a moment I thought we had a takeover in the offing.

BachsFugue

PostThu Feb 22, 2007 8:24 am

Joshua,

There is really no need to spend money on Cakewalk (I have it, and I'll give it to you). I use a very good sequencer-type program that works through musical notation (the way I work); it's called NoteWorthy Composer and is only U$40.00. You can go to my site http://heavyorgan.org/part-1/sdg/sdg.html to hear some of the recordings I have made with NoteWorthy Composer playing Hauptwerk through MIDI. (The recordings are from Hauptwerk version 1, but I think they show what Martin's software can do.)

Also, I am only about 45 minutes to your west and can help. Email me privately for contact information.
Cole Votaw -- Springfield, Ohio, USA

joyfuljoshuaforjesus

thank you...

PostSat Mar 10, 2007 11:33 pm

i really appriciate your help with this...sorry for the wait in reply. i think that answers my question and hauptwerk looks like something i may consider buying!

joshua

Return to Creating sample sets / recording organs