It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:16 am

Audio files for HW2

Sampling pipe organs and turning them into something you can play in Hauptwerk.
  • Author

AquaStill

Audio files for HW2

PostMon Mar 05, 2007 11:11 am

Bonsoir tout le monde,

Can somebody explain me how to generate HW2 *.wav files starting from standard wav or HW1 wav files. For HW1 I remember to have used Soundforge to create HW1 wav files by introducing a loop marker in the stabilized part of the sound, but it seems that this is nos sufficient for HW2. I did not see in the documentation the answer.

ReinerS

PostMon Mar 05, 2007 11:18 am

Hello,

basically any HW1 *.wav file will also work in HW2 without modification. HW2 does employ a different naming scheme (files are named 036-C.wav, 037-C#.wav, ..., with the number corresponding to the normal Midi note number and always given with three digits). However, this is not required for HW2 to function in general, but the CODM assumes this nomenclature.

In addition in HW2 you can make use of multiple loops and release markers, but these are NOT required.

Hope this helps
Reiner

AquaStill

PostMon Mar 05, 2007 11:46 am

Thanks Reiner for your rapid answer. But I ask the question as I have intoduced a HW1 wave file in a HW2 xml file, after having renumbered the wav (036C etc ...) : the ODF was generated, but when I tried the stop it appeared that the notes was not in a good order ! For example I have C/C#/D#/E/D etc .... I have check with window player that the wav files was in a good order in the pipe list, and I supspected any misunderstanding of HW1 wav file by HW2.
By the way, do you know where I can get info about release markers and multiple loops, and the interest for the sound quality, and if we can introduce the release markers with sound forge 7 ?

mdyde

PostMon Mar 05, 2007 12:03 pm

I have emailed you the draft Hauptwerk v2 sample set creator's guide, which contains the full file format specifications.

Please note, that it is a very large and complex document, and I only have time to provide support for editing/creating sample sets to the major sample set creators, so you're very welcome to try it but I'm afraid I can't offer you advice/assistance beyond supplying the documentation, unless you are creating a major commercial sample set.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Martin.

Return to Creating sample sets / recording organs