It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:28 am

Processing pipe samples

Sampling pipe organs and turning them into something you can play in Hauptwerk.
  • Author

Nickelfloor

Processing pipe samples

PostMon Mar 31, 2003 11:42 am

Martin or others. I have been experimenting with creating pipe samples by recording some synthesizer sounds and processing them with Sound Forge 6e. I add the sustain loop markers and the release point marker but when I try to import them into Hauptwerk it always give an error “Pipe does not loop infinitely in sample”. Checking the wav file with an editor shows that the smpl chunk in there in the file as well as the cue chunk. Any ideas?

artmoz

Loops

PostMon Mar 31, 2003 1:21 pm

You will need to "activate" the loop before saving the file. In Sound Forge, it won't actually play the loop until you click the loop icon located towards the top left of the control bar. Try this and see if it helps.
artmoz

mdyde

PostMon Mar 31, 2003 1:54 pm

I suspect that the loop properties are not set to 'inifinite loop'. In SF, right-click on one of the loop markers on the ruler and select 'Edit'.

Make sure that the 'sample type' is set to 'sustaining' and 'inifinte loop' is selected.

Martin.

Jon Hammond

SampleRat

PostTue May 06, 2003 7:52 pm

I've been looking over the SampleRat 1.0 demo. It seems to add attack, release and loop markers all in one screen. Has anyone made the purchase and tried it yet. It appears zero-x does not add the attack and release markers. Any opinions?

Return to Creating sample sets / recording organs