It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:47 pm

Importing Pre-existing Harpsichord Sample Sets

Sampling pipe organs and turning them into something you can play in Hauptwerk.
  • Author

Matt T

Importing Pre-existing Harpsichord Sample Sets

PostSat May 01, 2010 11:51 pm

Hello - please forgive my igorance on this subject,
I have many Harpsichord Sample Sets in Wav File format that I normally use in Kontakt. I am interested in making the jump to Hauptwerk because of it's interface, and would also like to expand to organs.
Now, is it possible to import these harpischord and clavichord sample sets easily into Hauptwerk and use them? Or is this something that is fairly difficult to do? I assumed it might be easier than trying to create a full-blown organ set, since there are very few stops on a Harpsichord or Clavichord.

I haven't really been able to find any information on this question, and I hope I'm posting in the correct are of the forum.
Thanks! :)

B. Milan

Site Admin

Re: Importing Pre-existing Harpsichord Sample Sets

PostMon May 03, 2010 12:16 am

Hello Matt,

Many thanks for your interest in Hauptwerk. Have a look at the Custom Organ Design Module user guide at http://www.hauptwerk.com/documentation. You can use the example CODM files included with Hauptwerk for reference as well as use the St. Anne's organ samples to learn about formatting files in the proper format for use with Haupwerk.

Hauptwerk uses standard .wav files so you should be able port your files, licensing allowing.

We aren't able to provide full support for creating sample sets, however you should be able to learn the process by examining the CODM guide and files as well as other users posts here on the forum under the CODM forum.

I hope that helps.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Return to Creating sample sets / recording organs