It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:49 am

create your virtual organ in less than 2 minutes

Sampling pipe organs and turning them into something you can play in Hauptwerk.
  • Author

musicalis

create your virtual organ in less than 2 minutes

PostWed Sep 29, 2010 6:34 am

Hi
I am writing this software : Myco (Make Your Custom Organ). It is for PC computer and only for Hauptwerk 3.
Please, see this demo video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVdHdqrIaSI

With Myco, designing a new virtual organ with up to 35 stops and 3 manuals is very easy. No technical knowledge is required, you only have to do some clicks with your mouse. Myco will be shipped with its own sample-set but advanced users will be able to use their own samples.

engrssc

Re: create your virtual organ in less than 2 minutes

PostWed Sep 29, 2010 7:47 am

"Myco" has different meanings for different people. :wink:

Rgds,
Ed

musicalis

PostWed Sep 29, 2010 10:40 am

Can you explain please. I am French. for me Myco has no meaning, but if it has a bad meaning in your country I can change the name. :D

engrssc

PostWed Sep 29, 2010 11:36 am

Not a bad meaning or negative. "Myco" is a performer/singer. And she is quite a good one at that. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcycCaIfUNM&feature=related

Rgds,
Ed

musicalis

PostWed Sep 29, 2010 5:21 pm

I have been asked for more stops and more manuals.
Now the software is 42 ranks, As each manual can use the 42 ranks (at different pitch or level if you want) it allows your organ to have up to 168 stops
The 42 ranks may belong to 10 different sample-sets. To create a template you only have to write a small texte file and you can have as much template as you want.
. I'll add a 4th and may be 5th manual much later.

More infos will be given soon on my site http://organ.monespace.net

TheOrganDoc

PostWed Sep 29, 2010 6:04 pm

How Dificult would it be to set up a Virtual Wurlitzer Theatre Organ Sample Set ? :roll:

Mel
Mel..............TheOrganDoc...............

musicalis

PostWed Sep 29, 2010 6:27 pm

What do you mean exactly ? My software allows you to design customs organs using my demo sample set (pipe organ) and/or your own sample-sets (which may be pipe or theather organ). So if you allredy have a theather organ smple-set you can use my program,to draw new theater organs very easily, but the screen displayed will not look a wurlitzer.

ecmartinjr

PostWed Sep 29, 2010 6:35 pm

Looks very interesting. I am a bit slow. How do you integrate sample sets for use in your program. Can samples be taken from existing sets of the sort we purchase for Hauptwerk? Thanks for your work. Ed

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostWed Sep 29, 2010 7:59 pm

How Dificult would it be to set up a Virtual Wurlitzer Theatre Organ Sample Set ?

Hello,

This program is just a "front-end" for the CODM, (Custom Organ Design Module) similar to Oberwerk (although Oberwerk generates a full ODF not CODM based to begin with) in how it will generate an ODF with several presets already taken into account. The CODM does not allow some of the theatre organ features, so if you are wanting to create your own TO please be aware of this since you won't be able to create the type of settings that are fetaured in the full ODF format.

I haven't tried this program, but from the YouTube video I would tend to think that it doesn't support more full featured settings, rather just a quick way to generate stops to manuals and some other options such as basic coupling schemes.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

pat17

PostThu Sep 30, 2010 8:07 am

musicalis wrote:It is for PC computer

Too bad for me... I am on Mac... :oops:
Last edited by pat17 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

musicalis

PostThu Sep 30, 2010 8:18 am

@BRETT
Hi Brett

First, congratulations for the wonderful work you have done for organists and thanks for your helpful comments.

The program I am writing is still in progress, I'll send you a copy when completed.
The goal of this program is to allow any organist to build the organs he whish to have, in a few minutes.
It is not as sophisticated as your softwares of course, but it is written for people who are not able to write or to edit an ODF.
Imagine you are a poor organist like me and you only have St-Anne Moseley's sample-set, you are afraid by XML language and you would like to play the organ of St-Germain-des-Près (Paris VI).
With St-Anne sample set and my software that allows now 4 manuals, your dream becomes almost possible as only 4 of the 56 stops (cromorne, cornet, fournitures and voix humaine) will be missing. But you can find these stops in various free-sample sets.
All the stops like clairon 4 or quinte 10 2/3 that are not present in St Anne can be emulated by changing the pitch parameter of an other stop, in example trumpet 8 and principal 8.
It will not be the real virtual St-Germain, but a pleasant instrument you will enjoy to play.

I have started writting this program because several organist have asked me to make a virtual copy of their own church organ. two of them are sampling their instrument for having at home a very reallistic copy of the organ of their parish.

Of course, with my program, such a complex organ will need more than 2 mn, may be it will take 2 hours or 2 days, but it is nothing if we compare with the weeks of work we should spend editing an ODF file of 30000 or 40000 lines.

musicalis

PostThu Sep 30, 2010 6:46 pm

Version 1.0.50 of 09/29/2010. With this new version :

1 ped + 4 manuals, 42 ranks (210 jeux)
User's templates allowed (using a small text file), so, samples coming from 10 different sample-sets can be mixed.
Samples can be with or without separate release.
Folder names and stops names can be different.
"One click" mutation generator.
Here http://organ.monespace.net/pages/spreview_670.html you can enlarge this picture

ONE CLICK MUTATION GENERATOR
With one click you can transform a 16, 8', 4', 2' into a mutation stop.
For example the rank Doublette 2' can become a Flat Seventh 1 1/7, while the same rank can stay a 2 ft stop or be also changed for a mutation for other divisions.
The pitch modification will be displayed only by the radio button while the text boxes remain available for fine tuning.

musicalis

version 1.070 create your virtual organ in less than 2 minu

PostWed Oct 06, 2010 5:40 pm

This week the program has progressed a lot.
Now you can save the settings of your organs as text files. So you can reload your projects, remove a stop, add a coupler or detune a rank in a few seconds and save at once the new ODF.
Graphical design has been enhanced.
As an example, this small 4 kbd organ draw with Ste Anne Moseley sample-set.
Remember you can use and mix almost all your sample-sets.

Importante progression du logiciel cette semaine.
Vous pouvez maintenant sauver dans des fichiers textes tous les réglages des orgues que vous dessinerez. Ainsi vous pourrez les reprendre pour ajouter ou enlever un jeu, un coupleur ...
L'aspect graphique a été amélioré.
A titre d'exemple ce petit orgue 4 claviers construit en 2 minutes à partir du sample set de Ste Anne Moseley.
N'oubliez pas que vous pourrez construire un orgue en utilisant et mélangeant presque tous vos sample-sets.
Enlarge ;http://organ.monespace.net/img/img674a.jpg
Enlarge ; http://organ.monespace.net/img/img675a.jpg

musicalis

PostSun Nov 07, 2010 7:05 pm

The 1st version of Myco, a version Lite is almost ready.
some small bugs remain and i have to fix some errors in the text, like "treeble" or "pathes".
I am also writing the user manual, You can read it (it is only the 10 first pages).

MYCO User's Manual http://organ.monespace.net/autres/587_myco_lite_user_manual.pdf

musicalis

MYCO Easy editor for custom organ is ready

PostWed Nov 10, 2010 8:02 pm

Hello
The version lite of Myco is ready
you can download it for 18 € at ;

http://www.lulu.com/content/multim%c3%a9dia/myco-lite---easy-editor-for-hauptwerk-3-custom-organs/9664545

Next

Return to Creating sample sets / recording organs