It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 am

A place to share the spirit of Bach

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

adri

A place to share the spirit of Bach

PostTue Jan 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Fabio made this video for me, as this Bachian style improvisation I had posted on CBB was played at communion last Sunday this church.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j9A5RP1ggkmCVTbTcBrgymfD7ZfJWLdF/view

original CBB posting here with less reverb:

http://www.contrebombarde.com/concerthall/music/12444

I am so grateful that we are an international community where we can share our hearts of unconditional love, expressed in music.

The more reverb version sounds quite grand.

magnaton

Re: A place to share the spirit of Bach

PostWed Jan 16, 2019 9:05 am

Loved the video! Nicely done as if you are taking a tour and going up to check out the pipe organ only to hear its a Hauptwerk install. Even though I suspected as much being posted here on this forum, I was still surprised when the modern sound equipment came into view. The authenticity of organ sound and scenery had me thinking otherwise.

I am very impressed that they incorporated the Sounus Paradise Adriatic Organ Model as it seems to be a perfect fit for this location. We ought to feel so lucky to have so many varied sample sets to choose from (with more still being produced) you can find the historically correct or functionally correct organ for a particular venue.

Thank you very much for sharing,

Danny B.

adri

PostWed Jan 16, 2019 12:34 pm

My friend, I am afraid you misunderstood; Fabio played back an improvisation I had posted on CBB, through the sound system at the church. I have no idea which organ(s) he has installed on his Hauptwerk system there. It's really sad the pipe organ there is kaput.

magnaton

PostWed Jan 16, 2019 12:56 pm

Thank you Adri for the clarification! With the appropriate registration and the electronic devices in the video being turned "on", it was easy to assume otherwise. :?

Danny B.

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall