It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:35 am

WAV uploading & Subscriptions fixed

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

Stefanussen

WAV uploading & Subscriptions fixed

PostTue May 22, 2012 2:16 am

I think I got all the kinks worked out of the WAV uploader. You may now upload raw WAV files again (You may need to do a shift+refresh or a ctrl+shift+r for this to work). The email subscriptions should now also be working again. Please let me know if you have any problems via email (robstefanussen-at-gmail-dot-com) and I will do my best to get them resolved.
Rob Stefanussen

John Murdoch

Re: WAV uploading & Subscriptions fixed

PostWed May 23, 2012 9:41 am

Rob--

There is likely still an issue with uploading WAV files.

I have a Sansa Clip+ MP3 player. It's inexpensive, very small, and works extremely well with the Microsoft Sync system in my car (a Ford Fusion). While the Sansa player does not appear to enforce digital rights management (DRM) per se, it flatly refuses to play back an MP3 file that does not have Artist or Title (and probably a few other fields) filled in. (In fact, it doesn't just refuse to play--it produces really odd noises instead.)

A few weeks ago I downloaded a bunch of files from CCH recorded with the Menesterol sound set--and found that less than half could be played. (As it happens, the first problem MP3 file was loaded as I was driving down the Interstate at 65 mph. Talk about distracted driving!)

I'm guessing that the issue lies with WAV file uploads--when the file is converted to an MP3 some/none of the fields get filled in. I don't know if this is true--and haven't taken the time to experiment. Does this ring any bells for you? If my diagnosis is correct, assigning values to the MP3 fields would be very helpful--even if, for instance, it was just a default string like "(CCH Upload)".

Let me know if you'd like me to delve into this. I love CCH, and would be glad to help.

John

John Murdoch

PostWed May 23, 2012 9:50 am

Friends,

For those of you still awake after my last post of techno-gibberish, I'd like to provide some context to what I'm doing.

My car (Ford Fusion) has the Microsoft Sync system. Which provides Bluetooth connectivity to my cell phone ("call [client] on cell"; "call [daughter] at home"); and integration with Bluetooth- and USB-enabled media devices. It allows you to control them with on-steering-wheel controls--and to control them with voice activation.

So I can get in my car, start down the road, and say, "Play Menesterol"...and my car is filled with the sounds of the Menesterol playlist. If I am in the mood for something different, I can say, "Play Eight Little Preludes" or "Play Grandjeux"--each time the car will respond, "playing [unintelligible Anglicized garbling of name]" and the music starts.

I do not give a tinker's damn about the gas mileage. I LOVE that system on my car....

John

engrssc

PostWed May 23, 2012 12:25 pm

John Murdoch wrote:I do not give a tinker's damn about the gas mileage. I LOVE that system on my car....

Wife's Prius has a similar system, not sure about voice activation, tho, w/ 44 MPG. 8)

Rgds,
Ed

Fazioli

PostWed May 23, 2012 1:12 pm

John Murdoch wrote:My car (Ford Fusion) has the Microsoft Sync system. Which provides Bluetooth connectivity to my cell phone ("call [client] on cell"; "call [daughter] at home"); and integration with Bluetooth- and USB-enabled media devices. It allows you to control them with on-steering-wheel controls--and to control them with voice activation.

My car (32 year's old Mercedes-Benz) has some very cool steering-wheel controls.. Left, right and some kind of chammade trumpet.. And when I say "play the fanfare for the common man" he starts with the first note if I give the steering wheel a soft push in the center, the rest I have to sing myself.. :wink:

Stefanussen

PostWed May 23, 2012 8:06 pm

John, the WAV uploader will populate the MP3's ID3 tags using title, composer, etc. The fixes I mentioned will affect files uploaded from now on.

engrssc

PostThu May 24, 2012 2:47 pm

Fazioli wrote:My car (32 year's old Mercedes-Benz) has some very cool steering-wheel controls.. Left, right and some kind of chammade trumpet.. And when I say "play the fanfare for the common man" he starts with the first note if I give the steering wheel a soft push in the center, the rest I have to sing myself.. :wink:

That's impressive or at least very cool. 8)

Rgds,
Ed

Fazioli

PostThu May 24, 2012 6:32 pm

engrssc wrote:
Fazioli wrote:My car (32 year's old Mercedes-Benz) has some very cool steering-wheel controls.. Left, right and some kind of chammade trumpet.. And when I say "play the fanfare for the common man" he starts with the first note if I give the steering wheel a soft push in the center, the rest I have to sing myself.. :wink:

That's impressive or at least very cool. 8)

Rgds,
Ed

Not if you hear me singing.. :oops:

John Murdoch

PostFri May 25, 2012 6:02 am

I'm sorry I didn't reply yesterday--I was laughing about your comment all day long.

Thanks!

bourdon

PostFri Jul 13, 2012 6:39 pm

Is there something particular to do with the WAv file before uploading ?
I have been trying since yesterday .The file ( WAV in 16 bit format as required) seems to upload OK ( bar progressing up to 100%) . In the end , a brief message says to wait a few minutes before the recording will appear on to the browser, but it nether does, as if it hadn't been uploaded .

CarsonCooman

PostFri Jul 13, 2012 7:23 pm

bourdon wrote:In the end , a brief message says to wait a few minutes before the recording will appear on to the browser, but it nether does, as if it hadn't been uploaded .

I had this problem as well. I just gave up and uploaded 320 MP3 instead, which still works fine.

John Murdoch

PostSat Jul 14, 2012 9:22 am

If you're uploading MP3 files, please be sure to include artist, title, and other information--without that data, some "DRM-insistent" music devices will refuse to play the files.

bourdon

PostSat Jul 14, 2012 7:55 pm

Many thanks for your tips !

jocr

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 3:21 pm

CarsonCooman wrote:I had this problem as well. I just gave up and uploaded 320 MP3 instead, which still works fine.

I just gave up waiting a day for a WAV file to appear, reloaded the entire track in MP3 just now, which happened instantaneously. I did notice the gap between 8126 and 8129, so perhaps 8127 was my lost track and 8128 was someone else's.

James Pressler

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall