It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:47 pm

Uploaded pieces are not becoming visible

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

josq

Uploaded pieces are not becoming visible

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 7:00 am

About 1 hr ago, I tried to upload 2 pieces on CB. After uploading, the pieces did not become visible. I just gave one of the pieces a second try, without succes. I did get the message that the upload is completed. What could be the problem? Or am I just too impatient?

telemanr

Re: Uploaded pieces are not becoming visible

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 8:16 am

What is CB?
Are you PC or Mac? What operating system?
Details would be nice as your statement is rather cryptic without more info.
If PC, you might try right clicking on a blank part of the screen and choosing "refresh" as long as you are in the location to which you sent the download in the first place.
Rob Enns

josq

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 8:43 am

CB is contrebombarde (this is the subforum for contrebombarde). I'm using a PC with windows XP here, and Google Chrome as my browser.

Stefanussen

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 2:01 pm

josq wrote:About 1 hr ago, I tried to upload 2 pieces on CB. After uploading, the pieces did not become visible. I just gave one of the pieces a second try, without succes. I did get the message that the upload is completed. What could be the problem? Or am I just too impatient?

If you're uploading a WAV file, try uploading an MP3 file to see if you have any more success.
Rob Stefanussen

Andrew Grahame

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 10:12 pm

I've just encountered this same problem with a recent upload. After three failed attempts to upload a WAV file - the preferred option as stated on the upload page - I tried for a fourth time with an MP3 version of the same file, this time with success. Subsequent email contact with Darryl Wood suggests that the fault probably lies with my internet connection, which is slow by today's standards and doesn't handle large files well. I understand that an MP3 file is only about 10 percent the size of an equivalent WAV file, yet it retains about 90 percent of the audio fidelity - though those figures would vary depending upon the resolution degree of the MP3 file.

Andrew

josq

PostThu Jan 03, 2013 8:09 am

Thank you! MP3 works fine indeed

CarsonCooman

PostThu Jan 03, 2013 11:15 am

Andrew Grahame wrote:Subsequent email contact with Darryl Wood suggests that the fault probably lies with my internet connection, which is slow by today's standards and doesn't handle large files well.

Despite numerous tries, I have never found the WAV uploader to work at all, and I have a very fast internet connection. But it's the same thing always -- it accepts the WAV file and then it just never appears in the recent uploads list. For the present, MP3 320 seems like the best option.

jocr

PostThu Jan 03, 2013 1:09 pm

CarsonCooman wrote:Despite numerous tries, I have never found the WAV uploader to work at all, and I have a very fast internet connection. But it's the same thing always -- it accepts the WAV file and then it just never appears in the recent uploads list. For the present, MP3 320 seems like the best option.

That has always been my experience as well.

James Pressler

pointyflute

PostTue Mar 19, 2013 8:05 pm

On the 6th December 2012, I posted my first pieces on CBCH. I tried the first upload as a WAV file, and nothing happened, as we all know by now. I then tried the time-honoured mp3 upload, and was in business. Subsequent uploads have been mp3s. All good.

Imagine my surprise when I checked my page yesterday and found two instances of my very first uploaded piece! Both showed the same date. The wording in the description of the "new" one was slightly different. I believe that this is the one I tried to upload as a WAV file. If so, it has been hanging around in cyber limbo before its mysterious manifestation. I deleted it in the interests of sanity.

If anyone else has a plausible explanation, I'd like to hear it. As I've said before, always something new on CBCH! :?:

sutherland

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 12:31 pm

My daughter had the same problem. WAV files that she uploaded two days ago have not appeared, but MP3s uploaded just now appeared immediately.

pointyflute

PostMon Apr 15, 2013 8:55 pm

Hi Sutherland,

Judging by my experience, your daughter's WAV files might just mysteriously appear in a few months! Computers, eh?

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall