It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:51 pm

Has contrabombarde mailing list been hijacked?

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

castaway

Has contrabombarde mailing list been hijacked?

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 2:34 pm

Suddenly, without my request, I have received 6 separate emails over the past two days from Concert Hall stating:

OrganoPleno has just posted a new piece of music entitled "Variations and Fugue on an Original Theme, Opus 73 (with MIDI file)". You may listen to and download this piece here.

I go to the Contrebombarde website when I want to; I do not want the website contacting me.

????

OrganoPleno

Re: Has contrabombarde mailing list been hijacked?

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 3:31 pm

Most embarrassing. The Website evidently thinks that at one time you requested to "subscribe" to my postings there... that is, to be notified when I occasionally post something new. And the Website evidently automatically notified all four (or three, excluding yourself) of my loyal subscribers EACH TIME that I tried and failed to post this latest piece. Actually, I tried more often than that, but the best six Fails got as far as sending out the notification.

If you log in at ContreBombarde and check your profile, perhaps it will show to whom you are subscribed, and perhaps it will allow you there to Unsubscribe. If not, try contacting the Webmasters there.

For my part, I've learned not to ever again try uploading from my home computer. It just never works, although it always makes it seem that success is just moments away. Maybe they're trying to tell me that my venerable WinXP System has seen better days? Anyway, from now on it will be a trip to the local Copy Shop with their handy little computers there for rent.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

castaway

PostWed Apr 16, 2014 1:35 am

Thanks. I contacted the webmaster.

dwood

PostFri Apr 25, 2014 10:26 am

Hi Castaway,

To unsubscribe to a user's uploads, you need to go to their user page while you are logged in.

At the top of the page will be an "unsubscribe" link.

Just click on that and you will no longer receive notifications when that particular user uploads a new piece.

If you can't navigate to the user's page, go to "advanced search" and search for the username there.

I hope this helps.

Darryl

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall