It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:49 am

What have you done?

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

klink

What have you done?

PostFri Aug 08, 2014 2:36 am

Hi,
I tried to see if any thing new had been posted this afternoon and I find that the Concert Hall web pages well nigh impossible to navigate. Nothing has changed at my end but apparently has at yours. I hope this is only a temporary condition which can be put down to someone pressing a wrong button. :cry:
Cheers
Brian

dwood

Re: What have you done?

PostFri Aug 08, 2014 8:27 am

Hi Brian,

Not much has changed really but the layout.

The "recent uploads" tab is still where you get the recent uploads. There are even 10 slots like there used to be. They pieces just have room for user avatars beside them now. Not only that, the "subscribed uploads" tab shows you the new pieces uploaded by the people you subscribe to.

"Browse" tab is still the same as before.

The "charts" tab still has all the information on who the big uploaders are for the month and such.

Anyway, I hope you can find a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the new, cleaner layout. You may want to subscribe to the contrebombarde facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ContrebombardeConcertHall to get the latest updates on the new upgrades to the site. There are some more cool things coming soon.

Thanks for weighing in.

Darryl

klink

PostFri Aug 08, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi Darryl,
I have tried again this morning and I find that the 'Dashboard' is for me, useless. The entire top part of the last two uploaded submissions is not visible for me, and this is not down to a screen resolution issue.
The last two submissions on this screen seemingly will not become fully visible until they slip down, presumably having been being replaced by the next two submissions. These last two uploads cannot be scrolled into view. The 'Browse' screen seems to be OK.
It is a pity, but the first screen which loads, is displayed partially 'out to lunch'. and I reckon needs a bit of fine tuning.
Call me a 'Luddite' but I don't think that I will ever go down the path of social media such as 'Facebook' and 'Twitter'. They may be useful for some but I would much rather watch the grass grow. :roll:
Cheers
Brian

dwood

PostFri Aug 08, 2014 7:16 pm

Can you send a screenshot of your entire screen? That doesn't sound normal.

Perhaps, if we can see it, we can fix it for you next week.

Have you tried a different browser at this point? Which one are you using currently?

At this point, this is the only reported issue with the site. So, it seems unique to your machine at the moment.

Thanks,

Darryl

klink

PostFri Aug 08, 2014 11:48 pm

Hi Darryl,
I would love to send you some screen shots of what I am on about but I seems that that facility is not available on this forum. The Issue I am experiencing is not confined to just one machine but to MS Internet Explorer. FireFox seems OK.
I have an email ready to be sent to you with appropriate screen shots, but I need a proper email address to send it to.
Cheers
Brian

klink

PostSat Aug 09, 2014 2:30 am

Hi Darryl,
I should have said that the version of MS Explorer I use is V11. and which has the problems
Google Chrome is works fine.

Cheers
Brian

dwood

PostSat Aug 09, 2014 9:56 pm

You can always send support emails to midisales@organworks.com if they have attachements. For regular emails use the contact page on contrebombarde.com

Thanks,

Darryl

klink

PostSat Aug 09, 2014 11:52 pm

Hi Darryl,
I do not know what is going on but this afternoon Sunday 10 August, I find that MS Explorer seems to be functional and I can now log in directly on the 'Dashboard page'.
I will still send the email & attachments to which I had alluded to previously.

Cheers
Brian

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall