It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:37 am

OK, I'm impressed already

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

paulw

Re: OK, I'm impressed already

PostFri Sep 18, 2015 6:15 am

I'd like to add that as a complete newbie to CCH I have been genuinely moved by the warm welcome and feedback to my few submissions.

I have been having organ lessons for a couple of years, and run HW on a Clavinova (i.e. one manual and no pedals) and PC at home.

I struggle to sight read and during my lessons on a 3+P Norman & Beard instrument, my feet seem permanently disconnected from my hands! That said, I am LOVING fulfilling a lifelong dream!

Despite being in a "hall of giants" on CCH, my fear / insecurity of being an utter amateur was unfounded.

There's little likelihood of me churning out Boellman's Toccata for some while, but I have valued the constructive feedback I've received for my simple pieces. Surprisingly, the pieces have been learning have been new to some commentators so perhaps, in a small way, I've brought something different.

Wishing everyone a great and blessed weekend - Paul

dwood

PostFri Sep 18, 2015 7:48 am

I'm really glad that you have felt welcomed at CCH. That's a genuine goal for us as the site admin although we aren't normally, directly involved in the public interactions on the site. All of the credit goes to the generous, encouraging people who populate CCH and the Hauptwerk community in general.

Bravo everyone. That's a brilliant performance in and of itself.

johnstump_organist

PostFri Sep 18, 2015 10:00 am

All great suggestions but please remember the people giving us this (Daryl basically I think) are giving it to us free (alright if someone falls in love with HW through the site they might get a sale or two) but basically they get nothing out of it. Asking for a redesign of the front page and adding hyperlinks and editing possibilities is asking a volunteer to do a lot of work. If Darryl feels he can at some point take your suggestions into consideration, good , but in the meantime unless you can offer to help with the re-writing of the code to redesign the site, I would humbly suggest we just enjoy it as is and not look a too closely in the mouth of a gift horse . It might be better to send your ideas for improvements to Darryl in private.
Just my humble opinion
John

telemanr

PostFri Sep 18, 2015 3:09 pm

Or you could donate. I did because I appreciate the work that has gone into it.
Rob Enns

Andrew Grahame

PostFri Sep 18, 2015 8:06 pm

Hi Paulw,

I can't find you on CCH - what's your user ID?

Andrew

paulw

PostWed Sep 23, 2015 7:24 am

pwinter - CCH said paulw was already in use :)

Andrew Grahame

PostWed Sep 23, 2015 8:30 am

Thanks Paul. I've found your uploads and offered some thoughts. Welcome aboard!

Andrew

JRHLondon

PostWed Sep 30, 2015 6:51 pm

I could not disagree more with the original poster. I've had similar complaints over the years on forums that I run, along the lines of an alleged "clique" dominating the forum. The answer is for others to join in more. And if I'd been one of the people here happily uploading my work for others to enjoy, I'd have a bit of a shock logging in to find myself being accused of grandstanding. I'm with the person who said 'the more the merrier'.

1961TC4ME

PostTue Oct 06, 2015 12:28 pm

JRHLondon wrote:I could not disagree more with the original poster. I've had similar complaints over the years on forums that I run, along the lines of an alleged "clique" dominating the forum. The answer is for others to join in more. And if I'd been one of the people here happily uploading my work for others to enjoy, I'd have a bit of a shock logging in to find myself being accused of grandstanding. I'm with the person who said 'the more the merrier'.

That's whats great about things here, we can agree to disagree and still be fine with each other. The original post I made really had nothing at all to do with "grandstanding" and more so to do with being considerate and giving someone else a chance to get in a word (o.k., a music piece) edgewise once in awhile. :wink:

Marc
Previous

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall