It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:42 am

Contrebombarde pieces not playing?

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

B777Captain

Contrebombarde pieces not playing?

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 7:44 pm

All...

I use Safari with all the latest updates......... and also had this happen a few years ago.

So, for the past 2-3 weeks now when I select the icon to play the songs... nothing is happening... no playing or activation of the song and I'm unable to listen to it.

One had mentioned updating Adobe but that's for video and I can still watch the youtube videos if the song has one associated with it. My issue is with the audio portion only. Just can't activate the "play arrow" for some reason when I click on it.

Any one have any issues with this for a fix using Safari? Works ok in Chrome but that's not my normal browser and.... It's worked for Safari for a number of years with only this problem and the same one a few years back.

Thanks

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

Grant_Youngman

Re: Contrebombarde pieces not playing?

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 8:24 pm

I had a similar problem, that turned out to be related to Flash. No explanation for that, but that's what it was. Apple Engineering was confused by it, too.

In Finder open your system/boot drive in the left panel, and go to Library/Internet Plugins. If there's anything in there with "flash" in the file name move it to Trash.

Try CB again. If that didn't fix the problem, you can Put Back the files you deleted.

No guarantees — you may have something else going on.

You could also delete everything from Internet Plugins, and if that solves the problem, put the deleted files back one at a time until you find one that causes the problem. Then just trash that one (or two). It could be some other Plugin than Flash …
Grant

B777Captain

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 11:40 pm

Thanks very much Grant... I was about to take my laptop into the apple store!! I'll try your suggestions and report back

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

B777Captain

PostFri Nov 01, 2019 6:21 am

Grant...

I am very happy to report.... your instructions worked perfectly and all's back to normal!

Thank you very much!!

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

Grant_Youngman

PostFri Nov 01, 2019 9:10 am

Glad to hear it!! :D

I ultimately just removed Flash altogether, since it is going the way of the dodo bird in 2020 anyway.

The really odd thing is that this problem affected only one account on only one machine. For example if I logged into my guest account, or set up a new account from scratch, everything worked fine. Apple remained mum on my insinuation that there was/is a strange bug in macOS somewhere that caused something (unknown) to become corrupted. "Engineering" was supposed to look at the reams of documentation I sent them and call me back. I never heard from them. Now that someone else has seen this same strange problem, I'm more convinced …
Grant

mdyde

PostTue Dec 03, 2019 11:54 am

[Topic moved here.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall