It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:50 pm

Many thanks for increased commentary in Cntrb Concert Hall

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

jcfelice88keys

Many thanks for increased commentary in Cntrb Concert Hall

PostThu Jan 08, 2009 11:46 pm

Hello Fellow Hauptwerkers,

I wish to extend a word of heartfelt thanks for everyone who has taken the trouble to log-in and express commentary to performances placed in the Contrebombarde Concert Hall. It goes without saying that I am so glad we have people such as Rob who create and maintain such a wonderful website.

Would you believe that our commentary participation has increased by nearly 1000% (yes, 1000% -- TEN TIMES greater) since the 30th December? This stellar improvement rate is much, much more fulfilling that I could have imagined to be possible.

A few numbers are appropriate to display for all participants to see. At the time I composed the thread entitled A 2009 New Year's Resolution, the December month-to-date activity in the Contrebombarde Concert Hall showed 6632 views with a paltry 40 comments (half of which were responses by the performers -- usually within the same day of receiving commentary).

I am happy to report that in the ten days between the dates of 30th December and 8th January, some 2893 visitors viewed the contents of the Concert Hall and an extremely impressive 163 comments were placed in the site!

During the past 10 days, viewership has increased by 150% combined with ~1000% increase in participation. Such a rate of improvement can only lead to still more increased participation by people who contribute organ performances, increased information being passed between members, and hugely increased satisfaction on the part of performers who labored to produce and bare their musical souls to the world.

Many, many "thank you's" to all. I personally wish to you that the year 2009 will bring you increased prosperity and productivity in the organ playing world.

Sincerely,

Joe <jcfelice88keys>

PeterB

PostMon Feb 02, 2009 1:36 pm

Contrebombarde seems to be malfunctioning right now - I have uploaded six pieces which all show up on the Browse page, but when I click on them, or indeed on any other piece, the browser redirects to the same index page.

Anyone having the same problem?

Stefanussen

PostMon Feb 02, 2009 1:50 pm

Hi Peter, I was in the middle of pushing some new features up to the site. Unfortunately it didn't go as smoothly as I was hoping. Everything is back to normal now though.
Rob Stefanussen

micdev

Site Admin

PostMon Feb 02, 2009 2:12 pm

From an "amateur",

Since Contrebombarde is a great place to hear the samplesets and wonderful renditions of the organ repertoire by "pros", would it be possible to have the registration use during the recording; I'm sure that many of us would learn a lot from the pros.

Thanks for sharing

PeterB

PostMon Feb 02, 2009 2:25 pm

Thanks, Rob, for fixing things so quickly! It works fine now.

Registrations: sometimes they are so many that it's impossible to fit them all into the space available for describing the piece. Perhaps Rob could add an attachment field of some kind?

(In this case, micdev, the registrations are exactly as given in the sheet music. But if you have any specific questions, put them in a comment on Contrebombarde and I shall do my best to answer.)

micdev

Site Admin

PostMon Feb 02, 2009 2:43 pm

Peter,

I understand that some pieces have many registrations, but for those without to many of them (often only one per division), it would be a good learning tool.

Even if the registration is on the sheet of music, we often don't have it and only want to replicate the registration for a similar piece. Don't forget, some of us are really "amateur" and looking for every bits and pieces we can get. :-)

Thanks
François

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall