It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:43 pm

Another New Demo of PAB organ, Medium Edition

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

jcfelice88keys

Another New Demo of PAB organ, Medium Edition

PostWed Feb 18, 2009 11:36 pm

Hello All,

I have uploaded into the Contrebombarde Concert Hall a transcription by Yours Truly for organ of a paraphrase previously made by the Russian pianist, Аркадий Володось, Arcadij Volodos, of Mozart's Rondo "Alla Turca". Here is the URL:

http://www.contrebombarde.com/concerthall/music/823

Mr. Volodos' original paraphrase juxtaposed various parts of the original composition (third movement of Piano Sonata #11 K331 in A Major) onto other sections of the music in rather imaginative ways.

You may hear what appear to be four independent parts in this performance. This is because the pedals play a duo role in the piece. In many places, the left foot plays the traditional bass notes, while the right foot plays two-note "chords" on alternating beats.

The original intent of performing this version of "Alla turca" is to provide a demo venue for Inspired Acoustics' PAB Medium Edition, equipped with the sCSA reverberation built directly into the organ definition files.

I hope you enjoy this performance. Absolutely no compression, gain riding, equalization, nor third party reverberation was used in preparation or mastering of this piece. I am very pleased to hear how individual stops are able to "hold their own" against the rest of the organ when a relatively few number of stops are drawn.

Joe

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall