It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:51 am

Darryl and Rob..... An explanation please!

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

B777Captain

Darryl and Rob..... An explanation please!

PostTue Mar 10, 2009 10:05 am

I received an email early this morning and this was it's content.

Dear Capt777Emirates, Here is your new login information: Username: Capt777Emirates Password: [removed by forum admin] Thank You! -------------------------------------------------------- contrebombarde.com - http://www.contrebombarde.com/concerthall/

I take offense to being called stupid on Contrabombarde as a new login

This was uncalled for and rather unprofessional don't you think?

May I ask why this has happened and the reason for it???

I would appreciate an answer either here or privately.

Thank you.

Patrick Lane
Email: Capt737AA@mac.com
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostTue Mar 10, 2009 10:28 am

Hello Pat,

Very sorry for this. Please be aware that Contrebombarde is a separate site from Hauptwerk and run independantly from Hauptwerk. These issues are not able to be taken care of by us at MDA and should be discussed directly with Classic Organ Works as they are the ones who run that site.

Also these issues would best be sent directly to them via email rather than on the Hauptwerk forum.

I'm sure they will be able to fix whatever problem it is they are having with spammers.

Thank you and I hope they are able to do so.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

B777Captain

PostTue Mar 10, 2009 10:29 am

Thanks for the information, Brett.

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

Stefanussen

PostTue Mar 10, 2009 11:01 am

Hi Pat,

Yesterday we fixed the bug that was preventing you from resetting your password. What I think happened is that you posted your password for ContreBombarde.com publicly on the forum (it was contained in the e-mail you posted), and someone used that to change your password. We obviously have some internet trolls that are out to create misery for our users. You can be assured we're doing everything we can to deal with these issues and create a pleasant online experience for the users of the concert hall.

Rob
Rob Stefanussen

mdyde

PostTue Mar 10, 2009 11:17 am

Hello Pat,

I've edited your two forum posts in which you posted your Contrabombarde username/passwords to try to stop people using them to hack your Contrabombarde account again. In general, if you do have problems with an account/password I'd recommend contacting the administrators of the site in question privately so that the nefarious members of the public don't get hold of your login details.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

B777Captain

PostTue Mar 10, 2009 3:14 pm

Gents:

Thanks again for the information.

I offer apologies for posting the issue here on this site. In my mind, there is such a positive "mental" connection between this forum and Contrabombarde (in such a very good way!!) that I forgot they were separate!!

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

Aart Saly

Re: Brett, Daryl and Rob..... An explanation please!

PostTue Mar 10, 2009 3:27 pm

B777Captain wrote:I received an email early this morning and this was it's content.

Dear Capt777Emirates, Here is your new login information: Username: Capt777Emirates Password: [removed by forum admin] Thank You! -------------------------------------------------------- contrebombarde.com - http://www.contrebombarde.com/concerthall/

I take offense to being called stupid on Contrabombarde as a new login

This was uncalled for and rather unprofessional don't you think?

May I ask why this has happened and the reason for it???

I would appreciate an answer either here or privately.

Thank you.

Patrick Lane
Email: Capt737AA@mac.com

Sorry Pat,

I'm afraid it was me. I was reading your posting, wich was revealing your login and password so loud and clear that I couldn't resist a little joke. So don't be afraid that some evil guy hacked you in order to harm you. And after all you must admit: it's not very smart to post your login and password on a public forum.

I hope you can appreciate a practical joke and I wish you lots of fun with the contrabombarde website.

Cheers,

Aart

B777Captain

PostTue Mar 10, 2009 4:14 pm

Aart.

Please look at your private mail. :evil:

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

GDay

PostTue Mar 10, 2009 5:03 pm

Hello Aart,

Well, I imagine there are better ways to alert a fellow member as to the reasons we use passwords and user-names in the first place. I'm glad you can forward and risked some public shame, personally I felt disheartened by the contents of the Captains post, now we know the source, and that it was ill-advised, but not intentional malice. I've been there myself more than a few times. Give me a mouth, and a foot, and I'm ready to give advice. Again, I'm glad you fessed up.

G'Day

dadams

• Location: Ellicott City MD; and North Beach, NJ...it all depends)

PostFri Mar 13, 2009 10:01 am

Oh, i dunno, those of us who worked in flight operations always thought the drivers were.....well........never mind.....Emirates maintain flightlevel 12 and contact Dubai approach on 25.7........Good Day Sir.... 8)
"Bach: his mind was universal, his heart was overwhelming, and his spirit transcends over all of God's Creation" Virgil Fox

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall